Trading platform for Etrade brokerage

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Pholeuon, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Do you know if there is RELIABLE trading platform that will work with Etrade like broker?

E Trade pro is great platform when it works, but it has more and more often problems last time.
    In fact in present time it is 100% reliablie indicator - if it works, it is necessary sit on hands. If doesnt - it means that markets in fact starts moving and brekout are not false.
    However although very valueated like indicator stops my trading.

Has somebody some advice? I do not need anything complicated, as similar as possible to Etrade Pro will be nice. Oh, and not very exensive.

I am in EU. Change broker for me is complicate, at the moment for sure easier will be another platform.

Thanks for any help.

2. techtech

techtech

this is some of the worst out there for serious traders.
    1. it disconnects all day long, you then trade off bad data.
    2. the quantities and the market value does not update so you trade off wrong quantities and prices. buy same thing twice.
    3. the charts are not accurate, very rudimentary.
    4. market depth, order status, and ...can freeze several times per day; returns in 4 or 5 minutes
    5. the entire Pro system can freeze several times per day, must reboot.
    6. the "feedback" button takes you to surveymonkey who tries to sell you surveys.
    7. the support phone number on the pro screen goes to trading support at etrade. they know nothing about the software.
    8. these reports are all over the web. etrade denies there's a problem.