Trading plan templates

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thenewguy, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Well, it's almost the start of a new year, and it seems like a good time to formalize my trading plan and turn a hobby into a business. Would anybody care to share their trading plans as a template (removing all secrets, prop info, the holy grail et al) for the rest of us to learn from?

Anyone who shares wins the Good Karma award!

Thanks,

- The New Guy

2. Hey, great link, thanks!

Double the karma for you!

- The New Guy

3. Ch. 3 (about 56 pp.) of Financial Freedom through Electronic Day Trading, by Tharp and June, is all about developing 1) a business plan and 2) a trading plan. (Yes, these are two completely different things.)

Highly detailed samples of each are included. Don't already own it? Just click on "Search inside this book" at the above Amazon link, then view the table of contents, among other things.

4. I don't own that one, but I do have "trade your way to financial freedom" or whatever it's called. I didn't find it that great, however, and found most of the ideas to be very, very generic.

I guess I was looking for some more personal examples, hopefully from some successful traders. I guess either people are reluctant to share, or they simply don't have one. Either way, it's all good!

Thanks,

- The New Guy

5. thenewguy,

Aren't you a IT manager? still want to turn trading as your job?

6. Yes on both accounts. How come?

Thanks,

- The New Guy

7. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

8. Yes, I saw that one, thanks. It looks great and it's very generous of you to share your techniques with the rest of us, thanks and good luck to your journey!

- The New Guy

#10     Dec 29, 2005