Trading plan if Iraq war announced?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ken_DTU, Sep 25, 2002.

1. bone

bone

Buy every interest-rate future and sell every equity index future in sight.

#31     Sep 26, 2002
  2. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

buy straddle ostrangle option of qqq or spa.

#32     Sep 26, 2002
  3. tampa

tampa

The point is you and like minded armchair generals keep talking about how "we" should do this or that - when in fact you mean "they".

I am not surprised that the point went right over your head.

People so willing to rid the world of undesirables should be willing to do the job themselves, rather than leave the task to others - basically young men and women who can't get other jobs.

For you it's an exciting venture. For the young people on either side it is a deadly serious life altering experience. The ramifications - win, lose, or draw - will likely effect you and this country for decades to come,

You are ready to turn Iraq into a parking lot based on information brought to you by the ame folks who brought you tearful "eyewitness" testimony of Sadam ripping babies from their incubators. Remember? Only problem is that she hadden't been in the middle East for quite some time - and it was a lie.

But I, and all other Americans are proud that you will be doing your part trading the markets in an effort to turn a profit on someone else's misfortune.

#33     Sep 26, 2002
  4. You have taken a completely different argument and foisted it upon this thread. And your presumptions about me are as truthful as the testimony by the young girl you cite, who was in fact a Kuwaiti diplomat's daughter.

Your point, since it sailed over your own head, (no surprise, a small target it must be) taken to its logical conclusion is that no one may take any steps in preparation for an Iraqi campaign.

As for profiting on other's misfortune, you call yourself an emini trader. That is a zero sum money game. Dollars just shift around. Sounds like yours have gone to someone else's pockets.

Again, are you going to not trade the eminis if an Iraqi War event
    erupts? Answer that.

You have all these detached notions but you do not seem to be able to answer any direct questions.

#34     Sep 27, 2002
  5. Cesko

Cesko

I have never been to church or anything of that sort.:confused:

#35     Sep 27, 2002