Trading Plan - AHG community project

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by hwkaiser, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Thank you all for comments and contributions.

Fish and JD, thank you for posting yours pread sheets. One question which arises is data import. If possible I would be interested in determining the most efficient manner in which to import and maintain accurate data. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

JD, regarding the spreadsheet from futures magazine, I would appreciate if you could possibly advise the link to the sheet, so the author may be appropriately credited... either by post or pm would be great...

Slacker, I will also include the reference to NO news in the bias section, good point... good catch...

F9 and ganesh, thank you for the kind words.

Thank you all again for you participation...

Blue skies...

hwk

Note: For those working on their personal trading plans, a thought shared with me by "rverheyen" is using the S.M.A.R.T. system... specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely... when defining your personal objectives and goals... excellent concept, thank you "rv"

#31     Jan 21, 2008
  2. billp

billp

Wow. Thanks. Bumping up for anybody that missed this thread

#32     Jan 27, 2008
  3. Very nice work here. It's particularly refreshing to see the logical and reasonable profit targets mentioned in the document. I know there are guys on here making 30% on their trading capital/month, but they're the real pros, the hardened veterans, and every time I see a newb posting a plaintive question like 'Can I turn $10K into $10MM in 10 weeks??', I shudder.

One of the best threads and contributions I've seen here. It doesn't really matter what you think about AHG as a system. It's the codified approach that I think a lot of people could benefit from.

#33     Jan 27, 2008
  4. Don't have a plan, let the computer do the work??

Are you a systems vendor by any chance?

#34     Jan 27, 2008
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

yea im a systems vendor who gives good systems away for free and does seminars which i give systems away again for free. i have a policy of not selling systems. i take peoples money for me to appear and speak the systems are not the focal point.

#35     Jan 27, 2008
  6. Trader Nik,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding my project.

I could not be in more agreement on your assessment of Anek's AHG thread. Most definately one of the finest contributions on ET.

Update on Journal log:

I have been working with Dave at Stocktikr to develop a plug-in for tradestation users, which will automatically enter trades (real time) and provides the ability to upload annotated charts for the trade journal portion of this project.

I noticed on the StockTickr blog that StockTickr may be offering discounts to those who participate in the beta testing of the plug-in. For those interested, additional information may be found at the following link http://blog.stocktickr.com/

Next anticipated update to template anticipated end of February... thank you to all those that have pm'd me with their ideas and suggestions... much appreciated...

hwk

#36     Jan 30, 2008
  7. jdkgroup

jdkgroup

hwk, best of luck in your effort here..

I also appreciate your contribution to the AHG thread....I've been reading your outlines all day

#37     Feb 1, 2008
  8. 4thBorn

4thBorn

Hello fellow traders and AHG followers, just wanted to add my 2 cents about a program that can help organize your trading journal.

OneNote by Microsoft is a nice little program that comes with the Office suite. It's very good for taking quick notes and organizing them. It comes with a screen capture, drawing tools, and a few other nice features. It allows for multiple journals, sections, and sub-sections to be created quickly and easily.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/default.aspx

If OneNote isn't quite what you are looking for, another nice program is Journal 4 which is a bit more suitable for an in-depth journal.

http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/tjscreens.php

Hope some of you find some use in this bit of info... Good Trading All

-4thBorn-

#38     Feb 13, 2008
  9. #39     Feb 17, 2008
  10. Babak

Babak

wow, lots of great info on this thread - found it doing a search on trading plans. If anyone know of other similar threads, please let me know. Thanks.

Here's an interview with Scott Beck and a trading and business plan raffle worth $1000+

Free to enter the draw, so go for it.

#40     May 18, 2009