Trading Personality Assessment

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by psychtrader, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have created an assessment that gives you a brief overview of your personality from a trading mindset. I am offering it for free to those of you willing to participate in research that I am conducting. So, if you agree to participate in the research you can access the assessment here

I would appreciate any feedback you might have on the assessment.

2. was the test to see how many times people would make the same mistake over and over again? that link kept asking me for a password over and over... i tried4 times....

thanks for the assessment.

3. I have removed the username/password requirement for the assessment. Thanks for your feedback.

4. Uh, how do you hope to get meaningful results without knowing if we actually MAKE MONEY? Most of us can already tell you so much about our dark personalities that it would make you cry. Ask us some TOUGH questions, like "What was the largest amount of money you ever stole?".

5. Good question. Care to answer? This assessment is designed as a forced choice assessment so an open ended question like that does not fit the psychometrics.

Assessments are only one part of an evaluation of a trader. If you were a client I would use the results of the assessment as a starting point to delve into some of your "dark personality" :) . Thanks for the feedback.

6. Just curious where you were going with it. If you read Schwager's books, the personalities of successful traders seem to be all over the map. Of the few successful traders I have met or known, the only sobriquet which comes to mind is "calm". How they achieve that seems to me to be more expressive of their personalities than anything else. How to compare the personality of a martial arts practitioner with that of an astrologer, to give real world examples? The one would love to fight you, while the other would want to share a fine wine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.