Trading Performance better at home or office?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bat1, Dec 20, 2012.

1. OnClose

OnClose

Thanks for this, I've never heard of Regus before. The Regus route definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in and they have some real nice properties.

#21     Dec 22, 2012
  2. #22     Dec 24, 2012
  3. I do both and each has advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages to trading from home:

privacy to do as i want.. listen to music, liten to cnbc, not have to listen to that annoying squakbox. Also, I can take care of some household chores as a 10 minute break which saves times later on like doing the dishes.

Disadvantages to trading from home:

Lazyness factor affects me from time to time. I'm guilty of feeling tired and switching to my laptop and jumping in bed to trade. Definitely a bad thing and it doesn't happen often.

Advantages to trading from office:

Share ideas with others and trading in a trading room adds to the atmosphere and motivation. plus there is something nice about traveling to an office to do work vs at home.

Disadvantages:

Sometimes its too hot or cold for my level of comfort, have to listen to whatever managers decide (cnbc/bloomberg/squak).

I'm just glad that I have the option to select what I want and 80% of the time I go to the office.

#23     Dec 24, 2012
  4. Ahsan

Ahsan

Professional traders don't require to sit in office and wait for trade. They can trade on the move even by mobile services. I used to do the same so i just wait for the news what it's impact then start trading once again. I'm a full time trader, who used to trade with good positions even in choppy situations, for this agile and proper analysis is must. I'm keen in these things, forex trading signals, good news sites is must for getting aware of the changes.

#24     Dec 27, 2012
  5. KDASFTG

KDASFTG

Greetings B,

As was mentioned before, I believe that a lot of the answer has to do with your particular style of trading. However, if you own your home and you have a good sized garage, you may want to consider converting your garage into an office. Years ago, my Accountant converted his garage into an office, and I must admit when you are in his office, you cannot believe you are in a private residence.

It is a beautifully appointed professional office environment, complete with carpet, a kitchenette, and a restroom. He even purchased polo shirts embroidered with his company name and logo, which he wears every day to project the professional appearance to his visiting clients.

His kids had learned over the years that when they were home, and the office door was shut, they could only communicate with dad by email or phone unless there was an emergency. His wife has been answering the business phone during the day, and she also performs most of the administrative duties required for an efficient running office. She has even been making his lunch! Over the years when the kids were younger, they have also had various jobs cleaning the office for spare cash.

Another good deal is that the way this office was constructed, this whole home office operation could easily be converted back into a garage if and when he decides to sell the property. And also, the way he had the "home office" structured into his business tax wise, I understand that his homebased operation has been a business asset.

However for me, the best part is that as a family, they have one of the strongest bonds that I have ever seen. His boys, whom have now both finished college are also Accountants. I'm sure their close proximity to their dads business, and the way in which it has been managed into their lives over the years has had a lot to do with it. One of the boys, who with his new job recently moved to Texas and bought a home, is also contemplating converting his own garage.

They are very proud parents to be sure.

You may want to give this "garage conversion" idea some thought, if not now maybe for the future.

KDASFTG

#25     Dec 27, 2012
  6. I think the places we trade do not affect to our trade.

But maybe with some kinds of people, trade at home or at working place (office) could make right orders and get profit more.

Anyway, trade in place you want and do not let others affect your trading :)

#26     Dec 28, 2012