trading pad

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by iagree, Jul 13, 2006.

1. iagree

iagree

Is there an explanation of what I am exactly looking at in the "trading pad" in strategy runner? I always thought if there are more "bids" than "asks" then the contract goes up. And if there are more 'asks' than 'bids' then the contract goes down. strategy runner added this new 'bid-offer diff. feature level'. But they forgot to put a description of it in the help menu. how can that help my trading? It shows there are more bid than asks. How can we benefit from knowing this info? Is there a website on 'trading pad' tips and advice? I can't find one.

2. katesdp

katesdp

How can we benefit from knowing this info? Is there a website on 'trading pad' tips and advice? I can't find one. [/QUOTE]

It's the banner right in front of your face. :)

3. iagree

iagree

What about it? I been to that site. I even called them on the phone. Strategy runner told me to call my broker because they don't know how the software works. Strategy runner said that they just program the software but don't know how to use it.

So obviously you don't k now how to use it either.

4. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

What are you talking about?

There is no "NEW Features" in the Trading Pad

It is the same "Trading Pain" .....

5. Henk

Henk

Answer i got from SR support.

Regarding the B/A diff level and B/A diff total:

The B/A diff total is total amount of bids minus the total amount of asks. This feature shows you which is more dominant at a specific time on a specific contract- the bids or the asks.

The B/A diff level allows you to choose how many tiers (usually 1-10, depending on the contract) you would like the B/A difference total to be calculated with (1- it will be calculated with only one tier, 5- will add the sum of five tiers on both ends, and calculate it accordingly, and so on).

6. you would think that if everybody is asking this question, then Strategy runner would put the answers in the 'help' menu. Or make a video for their site. I'm not sure why strategy runner would make a new feature and not put it in their 'help' menu.

HINT!! HINT!! Put the explanation of the new feature in your help menu strategy runner. Or make a video and put it online. Or both. Bid ask diff devel.