Trading Other Peoples Money - What is allowed ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CrudelyTrading, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Why do people have to give their OFF TOPIC opinions ?

The thread is nothing to with ascertaining whether my friends (or anyone else for that matter) are capable of accepting losses. If you aren´t adult enough to take it, then STFU and play scrabble.

The thread is about what is necessary to trade money for someone else (hopefully without being a CTA or registered entity). A few members have given very good information that I find useful and maybe others will too. Of course though, other people just ruin forums because they have to impose their astounding advice on others when it is not asked for. I don´t ever remember the question being "do you think my friends can take losses, i dont know if they can handle the risk, will we break friends booo-hooooo, what do you think?".

For what its worth, both my pals couldn´t give a ratsass about the money they are putting in and that´s none of your business anyway, so keep your intelligent reasoning to yourselfs and ON TOPIC - thread leaching trolls.

Thanks to those with positive input. I have no doubt the leachs will all bash this now.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Moderators should stop that, it ruins it for everyone.

#11     Jun 29, 2011
  2. Thanks bwolinsky. :)

#12     Jun 29, 2011
  3. Fair point. If you would simply stop back and tell us once one of these highly sophisticated risk takers calls you an imbecile. It will close it out honestly.

#13     Jun 29, 2011
  4. your better off trading your own money. you may lose money & your friends all at once. a option is to trade their money with a 50 % payout of profits & they must know you will will stop once they hit a certain loss in capital worse case scenario. they may have to accept some losses for potential profits. a private business partnership. it needs to be a two street for it to work.

#14     Jun 29, 2011
  5. Lucias

Lucias

Is a flat profit split considered performance based? I.e 60/40? Im thinking this would be okay provided you didn't make it conditional.

Also, what is considered a "friend"? What is the definition? Is it okay to solicit privately but not in public?

Thanks I want to be stay on the right side of the rules & regulation. I'm primarily looking for 1 or 2 wealthy backers. So, I'm not too concerned. But, it would be good if I knew I was on the right side of it.

#15     Jun 29, 2011