Trading other markets daily?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Givem2me, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Givem2me

Givem2me

I do my most successful trading in the first hour of the day following stocks up or down on news. I don't really feel super-comfortable during the rest of the day. I am wondering about trading other markets. That's maybe my safe route rather than learning to trade US later-day. Not really interested in Europe at 3am, but I notice the Asian markets open up between9am and midnight, you have Australia at 6pm, some South American markets at 8am. Does anyone have experience looking across multiple markets like this. I'm kind of starting this idea from scratch, so I don't know what broker to use, what scanners to use, and anything else I don't know. I'd imagine there would be less stocks gapping up because the economies are smaller, but I'm assuming volatility is highest these first hours and that I could bounce around. Who has thoughts for me?

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Based on *ancient* knowledge, liquidity and trending behavior would both be better in after-hours trading of U.S.-ETFs that looked at non-U.S. markets. But again: that is *ancient* knowledge -- it's ripe for updating, testing, affirmation-or-disputation. But it offers a best-of-both-worlds set-up.

3. Are you super successful, and rich, from trading that one thing or strategy?
    If so, find a hobby or hobbies and/or start a business with that extra time and resources.
    The market is a beautiful thing, but you shouldn't want to necessarily make it your life 24/7.

Most successful traders are usually just a Master at One thing.
    If you don't consider yourself a master at something in the market...then become one.
    But I'd be cautious about branching to other things to trade, you're most likely just spreading yourself out too thin...with no true focus or skill or concentration, you don't want to be a watery substance. You should want to be Plutonium or Uranium.

Ideally, a trader should only dabble in something highly liquid. So liquid you can churn it day in, day out...compound it...till you become a multi-millionaire. Without creating weird gyrations and ripples each time you buy/sell.
    Everything else in the market that doesn't fit that main criteria is basically nonsense to deal with.

Aim and strive to be the Best.
    Don't be an ET, elite trader...be an ET, Extraterrestrial Trader :wtf:, o_O
    Make your place in history. All the excellent, Top, stellar traders in history are just human...there's nothing supernatural or divine or magical about them. -- If they can accomplish such a feat...it's certainly within your grasp as well.

But more importantly, it's 2018...High-Five`...let's all Make Trading Great Again,

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    cvds16 likes this.
  4. Givem2me

Givem2me

That's kind of what I'm looking to do here. I've been successful during the first hour the market is open by trading stocks moving on heavy pre-market volume. I've been average at best the rest of the day. So instead of trying to do something else in the US market at 10:30, I would like to find that the strategies I'm employing in the AM here also work in the Australian, Asian, Arab, and South American Markets, so that I can get some more time during the day to trade my successful strategy. But I don't know where to find a broker to use or the kind of charts I use in the US

5. Risky to be master at only One thing. If the market changes and that One thing no longer works, it will be losing money going forward.

comagnum likes this.
  6. Which broker are you currently using? And I guess that you are looking for a broker which gives access to stocks? Or do you want options, futures and so on?

7. traider

traider

Just wondering do you pay the spread or use limit orders during the opening? The spreads are huge and quotes move really fast during that time, how do you handle that?

8. volpri

volpri

Uh oh larry now what?

9. Fadip

Fadip

Trading solely assets is risky indeed, as there's a bunch of profit possibilities on forex and it's silly not to use them. I work with different assets, it helps diversify the risks.