trading option pitchforks

Discussion in 'Options' started by atticus, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. You missed my point completely.

:)

#41     Jun 20, 2012
  2. and your point was? (Other than changing text others wrote...)

#42     Jun 20, 2012
  3. TskTsk

TskTsk

So, discretionary analysis? I always figured you as a more "mechanical" trader valuing trades with complex spreadsheets etc...maybe a combination. I'm just trying to understand how exactly you come up with these spesific trades, I assume you monitor several possible ones in Excel and then pick the ones that look good? Then theres the question of what makes a trade look good to you over others...

#43     Jun 20, 2012
  4. Paid, less than 12h. Fwd-start was worth 100/120, so decent edge. Working on another currently.

#44     Jun 20, 2012
  5. is this Oanda? ;-)

#45     Jun 20, 2012
  6. Sure. I run bloomberg data through lmt-expo.com running on Solaris. Two old Sparc20 boxes are used as I am also using a port of Inventure's Ranger for a native query engine.

The only automation I run is on remote market-making. Filling a side manually which triggers an automated offset. The gammas in the RMM positions are very low and the average duration before the "lock" is about 20 minutes. In low vol it's a bit better.

#46     Jun 20, 2012
  7. lol, and then trading soft exotics off an Oanda screen? Whom do you try to bs with this? Seriously dude, you are turning more and more into a joker.

#47     Jun 20, 2012
  8. #48     Jun 20, 2012
  9. I trade $50-75K in Oanda touches per month. I arb bits through UBS FX Option Trader. "Soft" exotics? lol, I am not familiar with that term.

Clown shoes.

#49     Jun 20, 2012
  10. sure, we all understand, never heard such nonsense. My God. You must be the most pretentious show-off on this board. Big mouth beyond imagination, but getting all excited about 3 e-mini S&P futs, trading off Oanda like a true professional. Spare us your bloomberg stories...lol!!! Enough said.

#50     Jun 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.