trading on member rates

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by varunk666, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Then just buy the friggin' seat bigshot.

#11     Oct 23, 2008
  2. cszulc

cszulc

I sincerely doubt you're doing 30,000 contracts a day and don't own a seat or state you don't want to even though it'll save you thousands.

#12     Oct 23, 2008
  3. varunk666

varunk666

Last I checked the cost of the seat is around a million dollars

There has be someone on this forum, who knows what to do...

#13     Oct 23, 2008
  4. 1. An IMM is half that.

2. You're full of shit.

#14     Oct 23, 2008
  5. varunk666

varunk666

fine imm is half a million
    gold is a million

I Would appreciate u post if you have information regarding the question and try not being a jackass

#15     Oct 23, 2008
  6. r-in

r-in

So you currently lease a seat? How is the lease fee killing you? $100,000+ account and 30,000 r/t's a day and the lease fee is killing you? Do you make money? Sounding like an ass here, but maybe you need to explain the problem a little further and someone can help when you are a little clearer on what the problem with leasing is. I had checked into trading under someone elses lease and it was a definite no go for the guy I was talking to, but maybe there is someone that is willing to take a chance.

#16     Oct 23, 2008
  7. varunk666

varunk666

OK Let me know try to explain

1) I have a lease which ends in 2 months from now, pay 2000/month
    2) I pay 40 cents side as commission
    3) Have gateway fee+software+terminal
    coming to around 6000
    4) In spite of churning such huge volume,
    my profits are NOT IN hundreds of thousands of dollars like you all assume,I make low to mid five figures a month and like any other trader I have losing months.
    5) If I am able to shave atleast 15 to 20 cents of my commission somehow my take home money would be significantly different
    This all is simple logic

The problem is around a year back, I remember very well contacting tca futures in london who said I will be able to trade at member rates + 10 cents clearing, If was able to open an account with them. The minimum opening deposit was 50,000. I did not have 50,000 then and now the person I spoke to isnt there anymore, they directed me to their new york office who said who couldnt do it.

They offered me 1:3 leverage and the profits split 50:50. Is there a shop out there that does this anymore?
    Does someone have any information

#17     Oct 23, 2008
  8. varunk666

varunk666

OK Let me know try to explain

1) I have a lease which ends in 2 months from now, pay 2000/month
    2) I pay 40 cents side as commission
    3) Have gateway fee+software+terminal
    coming to around 6000
    4) In spite of churning such huge volume,
    my profits are NOT IN hundreds of thousands of dollars like you all assume,I make low to mid five figures a month and like any other trader I have losing months.
    5) If I am able to shave atleast 15 to 20 cents of my commission somehow my take home money would be significantly different
    This all is simple logic

The problem is around a year back, I remember very well contacting tca futures in london who said I will be able to trade at member rates + 10 cents clearing, If was able to open an account with them. The minimum opening deposit was 50,000. I did not have 50,000 then and now the person I spoke to isnt there anymore, they directed me to their new york office who said who couldnt do it.

They offered me 1:3 leverage and the profits split 50:50. Is there a shop out there that does this anymore?
    Does someone have any information

#18     Oct 23, 2008
  9. r-in

r-in

Ok got it makes sense, and honesty is great. Usually its people claiming they do 50,000/ctr. day and make 7 figures, but can't get a good deal. That crap sends off the B.S. meters at ET.
    You could try Advantage futures, when I talked to them a year or so ago they were quoting me with a lease they could go as low as .25 a side commission and I was talking less volume. They also have the ablility to set you up with a connection to the exchange, but not sure of the cost. They seemed very professional and definitely willing to work with somone who was actively trading. http://www.advantagefutures.com/Advantage_Futures/Home.html
    I ended up staying where I was at simply because I was too lazy to switch, and they met the quote of Advantage. If I have a problem I will be over to Advantage in the blink of an eye.

#19     Oct 24, 2008
  10. moarla

moarla

with advantage futures you go down on commissions to 5 and 4 cent/side.
    Its illigal to trade at memeber rates without beeing a member. The exchange checks the IPs and other things, and when they find out, you are not member, you pay full rate for all trades made bevore....

#20     Oct 24, 2008