Trading on Divine Psychology

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Good1, Mar 19, 2012.

1. When I first read a book this type I really believed it is true. Then I found an another one, and another and now these. It seems like
    so many entities and people from the future contacting humans, that
    I am waiting for my contacts so I can also write few books about it.

From one of the critiques:
    "fits the classic pattern to a tee. It too is a story of advanced spiritual beings physically appearing to someone and giving him a special message for the world. It too has sold lots of copies and led to a lucrative speaking career for its author. It too has gone over big with the masses"

http://www.circleofa.org/articles/Entities.php

#41     Mar 21, 2012
  2. Good1

Good1

Good one!

Believe me, i've read several types of these books, but can say that this one is different. It took me a while to figure out what's going on. It imagination against Reality. Anything goes. There is no limit to the amount of BS allowed to keep us from figuring this out. It's our imagination against our own Reality. It's effective because we are complicit in helping it. Each man has ulterior motives that are initially allied with the imagination and it's values. It takes a while to overcome this.

Yes, i've read some very impressive, authoritative sounding books, channels, spirit guides, all that. These i now consider relative to imagination, and may indeed describe the works of the imagination, but always in terms of "reality". At worse, they serve to DELAY the realization that it is all of it is BS. At best, they may serve to enlighten minds that have been to some very dark places, who need a rope to be thrown down the well they've fallen into.

These people are bitter and jealous because they were working with this kind of information long before G. Renard came onto the scene. And everybody thinks they are important enough to have their own personal guides or channels. G. R had no such aspirations, and was picked because of an important connection to one of the two beings that began to visit him.

They are basically accusing him of completely making this up, even though he has stuck to his story for all these years. I suppose that's possible. But let me tell you why i don't think it is. I just don't think G Renard matches the kind of person who would be interested in that. The guy was a professional guitar player for years. I was a guitar player, and i know that we are all honest guys, even Slash!

Also, so what if it sounds like what happened to Joseph Smith, which is really the nearest comparable experience. Even then, Smith did not have two beings showing up together "in the flesh" on a regular basis, like this. And you know what, i actually believe something happened to Joseph Smith. Unfortunately, i think he was a willing accomplice/victim (depending on how you want to look at it) in a great imagination's attempt to deceive. After all, his question was, Which church should he go to? All of the above? None of the above? I think he was ripe for psychological manipulation because i was approaching it all wrong.

And for that reason, maybe G. Renard is honest enough, but deceived. What i have done is taken the message and considered it on it's own merits. And its the message that im responding to...that rings *true* for me.

#42     Mar 21, 2012
  3. Good1

Good1

#43     Mar 21, 2012
  4. I agree with you. Just to others, other messages ring true.
    I will read the book, but need to find a downloadable copy, and see it for myself.

#44     Mar 22, 2012
  5. Good1

Good1

Maybe Amazon would have a downloadable version?

I reread what i said and wanted to clarify. There are lots of impressive sounding messages and means by which they seem to arrive to the ears of earthlings. Amongst the various methods of communication, the method used to reach Gary was the most impressive, imo, i've ever heard about. It is MORE impressive even then the story of Jesus appearing to various people after walking out of a locked tomb, having been left for dead.

And i guess my point was that i've disqualified several messages, even though the means were impressive. I've settled on Gary's message because of the message, even though it was the means that caught my attention initially, and required my consideration.

Oh, and he says (they say) that they are using the same psychological methods that Jesus used to appear and disappear for some time after he walked out of a tomb...that in fact they learned it from him. So you would think this book would be snatched up by every so-called church in the US of A right? No! Wrong! And once you understand what the issues really are, you'll understand why mainstream Christianity will have nothing to do with it. Most, for that reason, have probably not even heard of it. They read what their leaders approve of and rarely go beyond the pale of fear that is set up.

#45     Mar 22, 2012
  6. I can't say much without reading it.
    I read that Renard's book's message is the same as the Course In Miracles, so I guess, it will not cause harm if people reading it, believing it, even if it is a product of Renard's imagination.

With any spiritual material, if the author becomes rich in the process of distributing the message, it always makes me suspicious.

#46     Mar 23, 2012
  7. I feel sad for you Good1. Is your life so meaningless and empty.. void of hope?

All I can do is pray for you...

I would never dishoner the Lord Jesus Christ by posting arguements with you. It would not bring any Glory. All that would become of it is that you would stick to your opinion and nothing would be accomplished. All that I can hope for is perhaps you will reconsider your path sometime later in life and this time that we posted here in ET planted a seed.

But...I do feel bad for you and truly wish you the best in Eternity, but not in hell. Firstly, I hope you become saved in the Lord Jesus Christs grace that he gives to you and may the trials of your tribulations be tested with fire and I hope you gather many rewards in Heaven.

Forgive him Lord as this anonymous character known as Good1 knows not what he is doing and you died for him also. Sometimes when posting as an anonymous character it is not the real heart...I Thank you Lord for your longsuffering waiting and knocking on the door.

ES

#47     Mar 25, 2012
  8. Good1

Good1

Well now that this is in chit chat i guess anybody can say anything they want! ;)

I'll correct your misunderstandings the best i can later if i want to. I have something i must attend to this evening and tomorrow. Over all , i consider this tone to be a temptation that many end up falling for. There's this great endeavor to get Reality to bow down to imagination. The story of Jesus' temptation by the devil is a parable describing just this issue. Imagination seems to offer us something. It may glitter. But it always requires one to bow down to it's wished-for supremacy.

Life does not come from death, so no, Jesus did not die, and so, did not die for you or me. On the other hand, he may have traded imagination for Reality for you and me, which is the best understanding of what it means to go from death to Life. This is the meaning of the proverbial resurrection, which is the only significant aspect that has some bearing on what becomes of you and me. Life comes from Life...from a mind that understands what Life is all about, and can communicate that to minds still "dead in sin", which is to be caught up in the imagination.

I was once offered $50,000 to pray to the god of this world and turned it down because it meant to bow down to it. Not sure if the guy had the means to pay. He dressed so well, and a thought i saw a stack of cash in his wallet one day. He may have had the means, and was serious, or he may not have had the means and was floating a hypothetical, hard to say. But i turned it down.

#48     Mar 25, 2012
  9. Good1

Good1

People do dishonor when they misrepresent the Divine. Deals that demand that a demeaning Divinity dole out damnation to dupes that don't dance are disrespectful and derelict, not dandy.

#49     Mar 26, 2012
  10. Good1

Good1

It does function as a sales-letter for the material you mentioned, which they say is the underlying psychology that frees them up to transcend the perceived limits of time.

I don't think there is a downloadable version of Gary's Book. There is, however a place where the materials you mentioned can be read almost in its entirety online (though not downloadable).

I thought Amanda Knox was innocent. But then, when she signed a deal to get $4 Million for her story, well, now i think she is guilty...of not giving me any of it!

;)

Somehow i doubt Gary can be considered rich, even though his book was a best-seller for a while. Seems to me that if book sales slow down, spending might've overtaken revenue. Gary's finances, if secure, would be the result of the popularity of the message, which does get a boost from the alleged mode of delivery. What he was able to do was to make an easy read of what might've otherwise been a dry subject that goes over peoples heads. This functioned to popularize the message. Popularity = best-seller. It's popular because of the unique mode of delivery, because it's an easy read, and because the message is positive.

So,

Mode of delivery = true = popular
    Mode of delivery = false = popular

I'm trying to figure out how popularity relates to honesty relates to rich.

Amanda Knox = guilty = popular
    Amanda Knox = innocent = popular

#50     Mar 27, 2012