Trading on a Higher Power

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by oldtime, Mar 11, 2012.

1. ummm...ok...if that is what you want.

12 points to TP...Hey I have had three for three trades tonight..Do you think God is helping me? Do you think God heard my prayers?

ES

#41     Mar 12, 2012
  2. hey man, I got some forex shit going on, I'll talk to you next weekend

#42     Mar 12, 2012
  3. Good1

Good1

Ok. Maybe i'll meet you in the Politics and Religion forum some time but i generally won't be found there. I emphasized self-honesty earlier in this thread. I believe it's a matter of honesty to admit that we don't believe the Bible so much as we each believe our interpretation - our judgment - of it. Saying it is ALL clear and every word is authoritative and without contradiction is, imo, an interpretation/judgment. Some of us like to think that the Bible makes that decision for us by making claims about it's authority. But to be honest, we must admit that we are the one's that decided it has the power to make such claims for itself. So it's really a belief in our self. The problem there is that there are two selves with conflicting interests. The human self is utterly "at enmity" with that which is true ("let every man be a liar"). Depending on who/what you identify with/as you will interpret the parables correctly or incorrectly. There's another Self that identifies with the Truth. That is the only one authorized to interpret the parables correctly.

#43     Mar 12, 2012
  4. lets not confuse perceived reality with truth...but I digress.

The truth is tonight is a good trading night ☺ Do I double down?...no!...the true reality of the thing in the big picture is what counts..

Trading is a job...it is boring. When trading an edge...all it is to do is to monitor the automation. Let's call it destiny...lol ☺

Still 12 PIPS to TP..USD/JPY is stalling...God is getting unhappy with me because I am going offtopic. Hope he does not ban me....shhhh.. don't tell him how much of a sinner I really am.

ElectricHasBadBadSelfEsteemSavant

#44     Mar 12, 2012
  5. oh shit are you guys still at it? I liked the part about self esteem, especially the part about how you view yourself is how you view others. So there is no self esteem without the esteem which you give to the people you unfortunately have to deal with.

so when you call somebody a butthead, you are actually calling yourself a butthead

don't you guys ever trade?

man, I'm short aud/usd and it is a pecarious situation right now, but it is moving

I'd like to discuss this matter further, but maybe like when I am finally flat

#45     Mar 12, 2012
  6. Good1

Good1

No! God only helps Tim Tebow!

Ok, now we can get back on topic!

#46     Mar 12, 2012
  7. carry on, I'm just glad to be alleviated from the burden.

If you knew how stupid my system really is you'd understand why I need Gods help.

#47     Mar 12, 2012
  8. Good1

Good1

I try to keep things in perspective. A human, for example, is a Higher Self on low self-esteem. Such a self tries to get back what it lost by putting others down. It temporarily gains high ground, but not for long. It fights for high ground...keeps firing shots at those below. That's the oldest trick in the book (what book you ask?).

Yes, it's both comic and tragic. The target is not the person necessarily. The target is Reality. The person is a convenient substitute...scapegoat.

i'm about to go tinker with my robots again. Let them trade.

#48     Mar 12, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

No, I think you hit the nail on the head. A belief in God is indeed a psychological condition, treatable with education, understanding and reason.

#49     Mar 12, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Good to whom? You, or the guy on the other side of your trade?

#50     Mar 12, 2012