Trading on a Higher Power

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by oldtime, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Good1

Good1

It should be clear that there are different types of faith. Some people obviously believe things that aren't true. Others obviously do. (Other times it's not so easy to tell the difference.)

Is there also one Time? Not really. Time is not what it appears to be. The markets depend on the truthiness of time and an inability to know the future (ignorance). But things are not always what they seem to be.

#31     Mar 12, 2012
  2. no kidding, when I look at the sun I am seeing it as it was seven minutes ago, who knows how long it was when I see Venus, and even when I am talking to you, it already happened

talk about high latency

#32     Mar 12, 2012
  3. I believe the Bible. As far as my trading job...If I have peace with God and he gives me the liberty to trade money without it distracting my walk with him..well so be it..

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

ES

#33     Mar 12, 2012
  4. You know...I confess I am a gambler by nature. I have prayed for help and I found automation.

Was it my imagination that God guided me?

ES

#34     Mar 12, 2012
  5. Good1

Good1

It's not really possible to believe the Bible because a good percentage of it is in parables. It's not possible to believe a parable because it doesn't make any emphatic statements. A parable only has merit to the extent that you honestly interpret it's true meaning. You can only believe in what a parable points toward. Your belief will only have merit if you've interpreted the parable correctly. I'd say the Bible is upwards of 95% parable. Maybe that's because i also view history as a parable. But certainly, it's most knowledgeable character, Jesus, spoke in parables probably 95% of the time. Another problem, not all parables point toward the truth although i'm willing to believe that all of Jesus' parables did. It's those who told us what he said and meant that i doubt.

#35     Mar 12, 2012
  6. well see now, that is what we are talking about. Some people would say it is irrational to believe the Bible, but that is what you believe, and it gives you a foundation.

My original question was, if I believe in god and I believe he is good would that give me some kind of a foundation to build a trading plan on.

now we are just talking about things, mostly just how they are all relative.

but you bring up the true crux of the matter,

is anything absolute? like we said, at one time they thought the speed of light was absolute, now they are not so sure

#36     Mar 12, 2012
  7. Good1,

I understand. My lack of reply however is out of respect for the OP and the offtopic issue in the rules of conduct. The absence of my reply is simply acknowledging that my life and my beliefs have changed considerably after the fact of a certain event in my life and that I understand where you are coming from. I really do not need to win the different points of belief here...

ElectricisPraying forHisHorsetoComeIn...Come'On SecretarietSavant

#37     Mar 12, 2012
  8. well let's get it back on topic. Some may have religious beliefs and don't want them contaminated by the dirty business of trading. Others may have beliefs about self esteem which may actually have a lot to do with the way you conduct your daily business of trading.

#38     Mar 12, 2012
  9. And what does this have to do with God? I am now getting confused as to what the topic is? I consider the God of God's the highest power.

13 more points to TP..Yes I trade Forex too!

#39     Mar 12, 2012
  10. no topic, just chit chat

#40     Mar 12, 2012