Trading on a Higher Power

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by oldtime, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Good1

Good1

Having a sense of humor is probably another way to change fate. You should do well going forward. The realm of an imaginary god is all that is absurd. It is both comic AND tragic...at the same time. It is hot and cold, right and left... up and down. All opposites combined into one thing in every imaginable way, distributed along a continuum.

Yes, in this realm, it's better to think you've been set up by a higher power...by an egomaniac. Like bowling pins. The reason we set up bowling pins is to knock them down. This, after all, is a realm of low self esteem. Egotism, we think, is about high self esteem...and to be avoided. But actually, egotism is about low self-esteem where high self-esteem is only relative to how one esteems others. That's not really high self esteem.

My argument is that a GOOD has already given all that can possibly be given. I would call that Reality. Imagination is a concept that is ADDED to Reality in order to have MORE. Since Reality is maximal, imagination results in a net loss...having MORE by having less. Even more absurd, imagination is about having BOTH more and less...by having it ALL...and also having NOTHING...and everything in between. It's a realm of oxymorons! ;)

Science is the closest a realm of imagination comes to Reality because it's perceived laws seem to be inviolate...for forever. Anyone attracted to a realm of imagination will likely be enamored by science and it's laws. But eventually you run into this thing called *relativity*...where everything is what it is relative to something else. That's basically what imagination is. It is what it is relative to Reality.

I stick to the scientific method, while at the same time working on high self-esteem and self-honesty. I try not to get involved in the blame game. I believe this will pay off, and i have some evidence that i'm right about that.

I think this would be a good way to get in trouble. There is no merit in faith alone. There is only merit in faith in the truth. The scientific method is the closest proxy to truth in a world entirely built on top of imagination. GOOD is not on the side of imagination, so is relatively unconcerned with the markets except that they function as schools of learning. GOOD may not even be involved that much. Instead, we should concern ourselves with the ways and means to learn...and the market is a RICH forum for that.

#21     Mar 12, 2012
  2. hey man, I don't want to be famous, I just want to stay anonymous as long as I can, but I do enjoy posting on the internet, it lets me see who I could have been if I wasn't so shy.

#22     Mar 12, 2012
  3. yeah, I gotcha, It already happened, sort of like the Big Bang

#23     Mar 12, 2012
  4. Good1

Good1

Yes, something like that. I prefer to think of the Big Bang as an explosion that was intended to destroy Reality. It marks the beginning of time, which competes directly with the realm of the Eternal. And now, our scientists are questioning whether the Big Bang actually happened or not. I say NOT, because it is an effect of imagination. Imagination MUST compete with Reality in order to survive...MUST destroy it.

#24     Mar 12, 2012
  5. you have a real gift for explaining things that even I can understand'

for instance, the theory of relativity

everything is relative to something else

back in Einsteins day, the most constant thing they could think of was the speed of light

so they just made everything relative to that

#25     Mar 12, 2012
  6. hey man, you better talk about trading or they are going to move us to chit chat, and nobody ever goes there

at anyrate, we are talking on the psycho thread about how your beliefs affect your trading plan

it started with God, but we have kind of gotten over that and now it is about self esteem, which I am sure should be acceptable to even the most uptight moderator

how many warnings is that? I lost count

#26     Mar 12, 2012
  7. Do you guys really think that God cares about your trading plan? How does ones salvation fit into mans psychology?

Good thread (so far) no matter which sub-forum it is in.

ElectricIsreachingOutforPeaceSavant

#27     Mar 12, 2012
  8. well see ES, that is the problem, not just with you but with the world and ET specifically.

when good1 and redneck and I talk about god we are talking about one thing, and when you talk about god you are talking about another thing.

same thing goes with prop traders talking to independent traders

same thing goes when swing traders argue with minute scalpers

same words, different meaning to all concerned

#28     Mar 12, 2012
  9. Good1

Good1

I don't think GOOD cares about my trading plan, no. There is another type of "god", however, that may have cared for a while...just as we sometimes care about what we imagine to be true. I talked a little about fate because i believe that everything that that god may have cared about has already been thought out and finally abandoned. What we experience as people is just an after-effect of scenes and scenarios that have been pre-recorded so-to-speak. We are somewhat confused about what is "live" and what is "Memorex". There is no caring. There were only concepts to be abandoned once their futility was seen clearly. Likewise, we will care about the market until it's futility is seen clearly.

#29     Mar 12, 2012
  10. oldtime & good1,

There is only one God, One Faith, One Baptism...

eS

#30     Mar 12, 2012