Trading on a Higher Power

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by oldtime, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Good1

Good1

What i'll do is invent a word to describe post-imagination imagination, which is what you are describing.

My premise suggests that the man is made of imagination, and is made with similar qualities as it's maker. That would include imagination. But man's imagination, i will call INGENUITY. Ingenuity is a RESPONSE or a REACTION to the premises already founded by imagination. Ingenuity is about FIXING THE PROBLEMS that imagination SETS UP.

The butcher had a problem because people have problems because their stomachs have problems (they get hungry). So, using ingenuity, he fixed that problem, only to add another problem: how do i get power to my power-saw? And through ingenuity, power is invented in different ways, ways that may introduce other problems. There is this temptation to think that if we work hard enough (using our imagination), we can solve all of the problems that imagination made in the first place. And this keeps us wandering around in the desert for 40 or 40,000 years.

So the moral of the story is that adding ingenuity to imagination's effects, will, theoretically, add more problems.

I would like to introduce a word that could be the remedy to ingenuity: INTUITION. Yes, this might be another kind of imagination. But it's of the sort that may lead the way out of stalemate situation, where one's solution is anothers problem. For example, man's solution to hunger is a problem for cattle and chickens and pigs.

#111     Mar 18, 2012
  2. So good1, I lost you in a few spots but am still reading nonetheless.

Wouldn't any form of thought be imagination in your definition?

Second question, What is your imagined purpose for our life on earth?

random thought.....

One thing I think, is that the ego( how I perceive others to perceive myself) is the source of all drama/problems. Therefore not caring what others "think" is essential to my well being and happiness.

#112     Mar 18, 2012
  3. Good1

Good1

Yes, i would have to admit that that. There is a type of thinking that is not natural to the Mind of Reality. That type of thinking is responsible for man, man's eyes, and everything a man can see. It includes everything a man thinks. It it primarily imaginative. It is intelligent, engineering...but belief-based. The beliefs can be traced back to no foundation, except that they borrow (take) power from the Mind of Reality.

#113     Mar 18, 2012
  4. Good1

Good1

My imagined purpose "here" (in hell) would be based on the premise that i could add more knowledge to an already all-knowing Being (that would be Me). So i am "learning" things. I think that this adds to a knowledge-base. Yes, believe it or not, some people think that they are adding to God's knowledge through their experiences.

For an all-knowing Being to *learn* anything, it must first ADD IGNORANCE to it's qualities. Then, it can start to ADD MORE KNOWLEDGE (which are really just beliefs about what faith has already added to Reality).

I no longer "fall" for this fallacy. Well, maybe i still do. But i am vigilant to find it an unattractive proposition. We arrive here with a fallacious purpose. It seems important (serious). But it's more like an excuse to have the experience of being SPECIAL, which is kind of the bottom line.

And yes, not being so concerned with what people think should work wonders for your basic well being (mental health).

#114     Mar 19, 2012
  5. Good1

Good1

So there was an imagined purpose that i could have more than total all-knowing omniscience. I added ignorance in order to add more "knowledge" so-called.

This is the best interpretation of the opening scenes in Biblical rhetoric. There was a temptation to know more than GOOD (which includes all-knowledge). This is before even a man or a woman appears on the face of the so-called "earth" (whatever that means). There was a temptation to know BOTH GOOD AND NOT-GOOD (evil). This is the same as trying to add more knowledge by knowing about BOTH LIFE AND NOT-LIFE (death). To add more knowledge, there needs to be the presumption that there was not enough knowledge to begin with, which is really an ignorant point-of-view. The ignorance is a lie (a joke taken seriously). By the time a man appears on the scene, ignorance is already added. And now there's a temptation to know at least as much as GOOD. This, then, is interpreted to be a *crime*. The crime, however, is thinking that knowing as much as GOOD is a crime, or that GOOD would not share total knowledge in the first place! This is all the work of the imagination, which is difficult to overcome, which is "the devil"!

My purpose, now, has changed. It has REVERSED (turned around). I am now interested in UNLEARNING everything the imagination ever taught me! I've realized that i don't need it, at all. Wish me good luck with that, because what i've learned may seem difficult to overcome.

Instead of adding Knowledge, all we've done is added what i call EXPERIENCES. I will call human experience a HEX. A HEX is a kind of SPELL that you eventually BREAK or BANISH when you are WEARY of it's burdens on your Mind. We have an experience and we say we "know what it's like". But this is not true Knowledge. This is a SUBSTITUTE for true Knowledge...a counterfeit. Having more HEX won't help us, except that we use our experiences to learn how to UNLEARN what the SPELL has caused us to believe.

#115     Mar 19, 2012
  6. ocean5

ocean5

~Decree~

You DON`T need trading on a Higher Power!Not worth a little toe.

#116     Mar 19, 2012
  7. ocean5

ocean5

Not Watt nor Megawatt.You know, some devotee guys in Himalayas are chanting mantras and melt down the ice with their bodies.

#117     Mar 19, 2012
  8. he's in the same shape a lot of income only investors are in these days when their old 5 and 6% CD's are maturing and there is nowhere to go to roll them over. Most are going to high yield bonds and dividend paying stocks.

this is what Ben wants us to do

his income sounds so low that taxes shouldn't be much of a problem

you see why I was not a good broker. I like to get people excited and share some knowledge, but if they get too excited all I want to do is warn them about the risks

he'll be ok in that fund, and you can always change your mind if the outlook changes

the investments he was in now have a negative return when adjusted for inflation

I'm gonna let it go here
    good luck

#118     Mar 19, 2012
  9. Good1

Good1

Thanks very much. I'll take it from here.

Btw, this is in "Chit Chat" now.

#119     Mar 19, 2012