Trading on a Handheld Device

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kkondra, Jul 30, 2006.

1. kkondra

kkondra

I see a lot of comments about IB. Is IB really that popular? Anybody have stats about their number of customers, versus other brokers?

#11     Aug 1, 2006
  2. Sorry qtip, just saw this.

I've had my JASJAR for 9 months or so. No problems. Some users have experienced issues with it but the general consensus is that those issues were due to installing third-party applications that were not fully Windows Mobile 5 compliant.

Given that some time has elapsed, ROMs have been updated and third-party applications have been updated, I doubt you will have any problems with it.

It is great for doing e-mails (thanks to the mini-keyboard) and surfing. It is a bit bulky to use as a phone (unless you use a bluetooth headset) but I suspect you have a separate phone anyway.

My only criticism is the 128MB RAM. More RAM never hurts.

I can't comment on services etc. as that depends on country of residence and country of usage.

You will most likely be able to pick up the JASJAR at a highly subsidized price through whichever network you go with.

MoMoney.

#12     Aug 1, 2006
    #13     Aug 1, 2006
  4. IB is one of many sponsors of this site.

IB just surpassed $3 billion in liabilities:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73808

Have a look at the broker reviews:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/br/

Specifically IB's ratings:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/br/?action=view&R_FirmID=43

No other broker has as many reviews here on ET.

IB provides incomparable access to breadth of markets and products from a single "universal" account and deep discount fees.

IB has many pros and cons. It's a good fit for most people but not all depending on your trading needs.

There are some outspoken and highly vocal IB evangelists and detractors on this site. IB is like a religion for many people - and this comes across in the posts you will read LOL. :D

Good luck!

MoMoney.

#14     Aug 1, 2006
  5. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Praise IB. And may IB bless you. :p

#15     Aug 1, 2006
  6. I believe it required running TWS.

#16     Aug 2, 2006
  7. does TWS run on a tablet pc OS?

#17     Aug 2, 2006
  8. a DOM trader for my Treo would be nice, not that I use it often but in some occassions, it would help. And yes, I would pay money for it but not a subscription since it's not used as often.

#18     Aug 2, 2006
  9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Yes.

#19     Aug 2, 2006
  10. hans37

hans37

Absolutely I can open all 4 accounts at once.

However I find the tablet PC operating system less stable than windows XP , some war between Windows 98 and XP.
    I have no idea what causes this but it's quite manageable.

I highly recommend the tablet PC for annotating your charts with with Journal. You can annotate any image of a chart that you capture with pen input or keyboard.

In other words you can easily keep your trading Notes right alongside a picture of the action in the chart itself.

#20     Aug 2, 2006