trading on a blackberry

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BoyPlunger, Jul 3, 2007.

1. #11     Jul 24, 2007
  2. I highly highly recommend Verizon Wireless card . You insert into your Laptop and get internet access and trade anywhere in the World where you can make a cell phone call.

It has literally changed my life when wifey got it for me last X mas !!!

I can trade out at Malibu beach while I suntan with the waves running thru my feet or sit in my car on LA Freeway traffic and trade while wife drives. I can travel all over the country and my trading is TOTALLY mobile !!
    Awesome

It has been very reliable for trading and scalping futures for the last 6 months .
    Its about $69 a month and I think the Card initially cost $100 or so.

Well well worth it.

#12     Jul 25, 2007
  3. Sprint beats Verizon in throughput and service. Verizon has closed thousands of accounts for "TOS violations" when none exist. Google or search broadbandreports.com for more info on Verizon's shady tactics.

#13     Jul 25, 2007

4. Verizon has been superlative in my experience !! Like I said I highly recommend them.

No way would I go with Sprint. I have had toooooooo many family and friends who have said there Service sux big time. I have had multiple friends who have switched from Sprint to Verizon because of this. And everyone of them says how much better their service is with Verizon.
    Especially the inability of Sprint to provide a connection, cell phone and internet, in all areas of the country.
    Too many dead zones with Sprint.

This is a common theme I continue to hear amongst people

#14     Jul 26, 2007
  5. Well, your friends have obviously never used Sprint's data in Chicago or Lake Tahoe, and are in the minority based upon data at broadbandreports.com. I can't get a signal on my Verizon flip phone in my home, but my Sprint PPC 6700 sounds like a land-line and data is flawless. Sprint was consistently 200Kbps better than VZ while I was in Chicago.

Fact remains that all testing by the cellular forums have shown that Verizon's data is throttled down and pales when compared to Sprint's throughput. Broadbandreports.com did a test in the little hamlet of Los Angeles and found that Sprint's data-rates were DOUBLE that of VZ. I also have a Blackberry on VZ and a PPC on Sprint. I would be happy to make a head-to-head comparison on throughput, but VZ doesn't offer bband in Reno/Tahoe.

Fact: Sprint has a much larger EVDO footprint than Verizon.

"I bought a Treo 700P and an aircard for my laptop the same day. The contract, and the store manager, referred to UNLIMITED DATA for both. Two months later Verizon cancelled my aircard service. Why? Too much usage. REALLY. They said I was using way too much, and must be downloading music/videos. NEVER DID. You know what it is? I use TABBED BROWSING. That is all it takes. Verizon sucks'

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread1235.html

"2 bars" reception on both PDAs on this "Mobility Today" EVDO test:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJAYfGqcUOc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJAYfGqcUOc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#15     Jul 26, 2007
  6. I have a Blackberry and use prophet.net ( available through the web browser), but not to daytrade, only to watch existing positions or to get ready to enter/exit.

erie

#16     Jul 26, 2007