Trading office that is not a broker???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Manu, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Manu

Manu

Hi,
    I'm just wandering if there are any trading offices anywhere that are just that, an office, not a brokerage firm.
    I.e., a professional environment for traders, where the trader merely pays a desk fee, where the owner has no commercial interests in the trader or his her trading (other than collecting a modest desk fee), and where traders trade together collaboratively.
    I did a search on ET, but could not find anything.

:confused: :)

2. Sounds like a great idea. Start one!

3. Ebo

Ebo

What City?
    I am always moving!

4. sammy12

sammy12

Interesting Idea ...

May be you can pursue this idea further ...

5. AC3

AC3

I was speaking to a friend of friend the other day who rents space on a trading floor in NYC. Sounds like what you looking for ....... from what I understand (they provide the equipment (computer/Phones Internet etc) they dont provide any "relationship stuff" that sounds stupid but what I mean is brokerage or data feed thats on you ......... Dont know if that helps but if your interested I can try to find out more....

6. T-REX

T-REX

Do a search in Salt Lake City Utah.

I once had a client back when I was a Futures Broker who was in the process of starting a "trading Room". The "Room" provided the Internet Access and computer equipment etc. The trader just had to pay a "desk fee".

this was back in 2001 before 9/11.

I have not kept in touch with him in quite some time and his name eludes me at the moment. All I remember is that is was stationed out in Salt Lake City Utah.

Great guy and very opened minded.

Hope this helps.

If not, and if you are either located near or willing to relocate to the Washington D.C. area I would be delighted to rent a desk to you myself. I will provide you ALL of the hardware and software for FREE and will pay for your E-signal data. Also instead of having to deal with lost connectivity on the part of the ISP or power outages you will have access to our "Intranet" that has power generator back up that backs up all of your data files etc.

This could be a dream come true for both beginners or seasoned traders alike.

Finally, you would have access to my trading expertise and Pandora Price Triggers.

If you are interested you can PM me and we can discuss the details.

T-REX
    :cool:

7. kbehr

kbehr

Manu,
    Where are you located? It sounds like a great idea, similar to the professional offices that rent desk space, sec. services, etc. I would be interested in something similar in Chicago.
    Ken

8. titan4

titan4

What do you consider a modest desk fee?

9. Where do you live. What is the monthly fee? I would love to be with the night crew/desk.

Michael B.

10. How much is a reasonable fee?

#10     Apr 24, 2004