Trading Office in Toronto

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by seekingcompany, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Dave77

Dave77

The annual online broker rating article will appear in the Globe & Mail on Saturday, Oct. 6.

I have tried the Active Trader demo at tdwaterhouse.ca/trader and it is a big improvement over their previous system. I will probably switch over to this system. Their commissions are just great. Does anyone else here use their Active trading system? Any comments?

I use TD Waterhouse, and Interactive Brokers for stocks and options and Friedberg for currency and commodity trading.

I just don't like trading at home alone. Lonely and sad - I guess so.

Dave

#21     Oct 4, 2007
  2. mmmarkus

mmmarkus

Dave,

check your pm.

mmmarkus

#22     Oct 4, 2007
  3. Dave77

Dave77

Let me know if anyone would join me in setting up a trading office in Toronto.

Dave

#23     Nov 2, 2007

4. Were are you looking to set up your offfice. on the Bloor Line?

#24     Nov 9, 2007
  5. I tried that many years ago in Toronto.
    No longer doing that. :)

There are 3 locations that may work out.

1. Eglington / Yonge
    2. College / Yonge
    3. Finch / Yonge

Look for high-rise, with good security. One of the office buildings I have leased before got break-in multiple times a year just because the security is not good enough.

Good luck guys.

#25     Nov 9, 2007
  6. seadog

seadog

vanquish
    Hi Dave,
    I was a broker on Bay St for 7 years. Have been out of daytrading for 2 years. desperately want to get back to day trading the s&p mini.
    Stay in touch
    seadog

#26     Nov 10, 2007
  7. mmmarkus

mmmarkus

Been almost a year since last post on this thread.
    For any survivors out there, anyone still have any interest in pursuing this again?

#27     Oct 25, 2008
  8. apple

apple

I trade at home to make a living. I would be interested in trading together with some other successful trader.
    Renting an office shouldn't be hard, but it's not as convinent as trading at home.

#28     Nov 2, 2008
  9. mmmarkus

mmmarkus

What is more important...a professional environment conducive to trading or the convenience of rolling out of bed and logging on???

#29     Nov 2, 2008
  10. Dave77

Dave77

I'm still trading from home and would like to join a like minded group in an office downtown. Let me know.

Dave

#30     Mar 31, 2009