Trading off the Heikin Ashi Chart

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Golden Retriever Trading, Nov 26, 2019.

1. I am trying to develop a strategy in Pine Script, but if you don't Pine Script, that's alright. I just need to know how the logic will work in order to implement it.

My strategy is to take trades when signals fire on the heikin ashi chart. My problem is - when I backtest using the heikin ashi chart, it shows buy and sell values from heikin ashi price as opposed to the real price. Since the heikin ashi price uses previous bars and OHLC, I'm getting unrealistic results.

Is there any way for the backtest to show the real price as opposed to heikin ashi prices using the heikin ashi signals?

Thank you

2. dozu888

dozu888

this is a waste of time..

TooEffingOld likes this.
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Just trade off a 3SMA-Open, or similar, much the same, chop will murder you repeatly sadly.

4. I guess you would need to keep track of both the heikin ashi price and the real price. And somehow combine your heikin ashi signals and signals from the real price. Due to the nature of heikin ashi, is it a delayed price. Reacting on heikin ashi price, you might be too late.

5. WealthSignals

WealthSignals Sponsor

6. That's kinda the idea. I wanted to reduce the number of trades. I typed in the heikin ashi formula and used that as my variable, and replaced all of my "open position on bar close" commands to the variable, but yet for whatever reason, the trades are not firing at the correct times.