Trading off of Flow

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by youngtrader, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Kap

Thanks for the tip. Yeah I know im not going to be able to distinguish every local from all the paper but I think I can distinguish most orders roughly. Could you please explain more about locals selling paper for IB's? I don't understand what your talking about sorry.

Yeah I have only been trading eurex for a little while now but I have heard horror stories about rotter (have a friend who knows the guy personally if you can believe that!). Like today for instance. Everything is dead right now and size is big enough on the schatz bid/offer that its just sucking the volatility out of the market. I have only traded 8 rt so far (im a newbie so cut me some slack lol) and probably 3 of those 8 were forced trades. So yeah days like today suck big time!

Any more advice from some more veteran traders that read orderflow is greatly appreciated!

YT

#11     Jan 29, 2008
  2. Kap

Kap

Locals for IB's is more in the Pit action so dont worry bout that if ur not trading US pit products.

- and yeah the volatility has died today... first time for two weeks - bit of a relief to be honest - make the trading decision to sit on your hands and do nothing - thats a trade in itself as you know, play some golf , or sort out your sock draw which is what I'm about to do ;-)

cheers K

#12     Jan 29, 2008

3. No I am just trading eurex products (my hours don't allow me to trade US). Yeah volatility sucks today. I know its a relief to have a little downtime but I get jittery when things are slow and I find the sitting on your hands trade extremely tough to master lol! So the best thing to do in this situation is to shut down and catch some Zs before school starts in a few hours.

Good Trading to you

YT

#13     Jan 29, 2008