trading no good today!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by abra trader, Feb 7, 2003.

1. qdz2

qdz2

This post shall be brought up day afte day by traders after traders. No edge or strategy always work every day in its maximum thrust. Am i right?

:p

#21     Feb 7, 2003
  2. In my experience, options premiums on the NDX have been decreasing as well. The IVs are generally lower, especially on the Call side.

#22     Feb 7, 2003
  3. Friday sucks... usually all the action takes place in the first 2hours then itjust goes nowhere.

#23     Feb 7, 2003
  4. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

agree, my favorite timeframe is 9:40-11am on open 2day high/low breakouts/breakdowns, seems to be the best , along w/strongest sectors and trading only if trin <.7 or >1.5 and COMPQ out of prev day's range. best if nas premkt futs at least +/- 10 out of market, and QQQ's premkt chart gap out of prev day range. Short list of things to look for to help identify most-volatile times for entries.

ken

#24     Feb 7, 2003
  5. By almost any measure the period from 1999 to 2001 in the financial markets, especially the tech stocks, was extremely unusual - in terms of volatility and in terms of a lot else, too, as a matter of fact. If that's what you need in order to be happy and profitable as a trader, then IMO you should seek another profession.

#25     Feb 8, 2003
  6. That's what I love about Friday's, at most it is a half day at work and then done.

#26     Feb 8, 2003
  7. me three!

#27     Feb 8, 2003