trading movies

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by snapper, Jul 15, 2002.

1. matthew

matthew

"Trader"

A documentary about a day in the life of Paul Tudor Jones.

Blockbuster had it a few years ago.

#21     Jul 15, 2002
  2. I thought "PI" was a good movie about the stock market.

#22     Jul 15, 2002
  3. #23     Jul 15, 2002
  4. Bsulli

Bsulli

5. Noodles

Noodles Guest

Yeah no doubt no doubt!
    Pi was hot

#25     Jul 15, 2002
  6. Noodles

Noodles Guest

Man that Kevin Bacon shit was WEAK!

#26     Jul 15, 2002
  7. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Quicksilver-1017006/about.php

Quicksilver is the name.

Jack Casey is a brash yuppie broker who ends up losing his and his parents' wealth playing the stock market. What's Jack's next move? To drop out of the corporate rat race and become a bike messenger. Jack finds his new "free-wheeling" co-workers to be a diverse bunch, and he especially likes the down-and-out, sensitive Terri. But Jack also discovers that Terri and other messengers have an illegal and lucrative sideline delivering drugs for the nefarious drug dealer Gypsy. Can Jack rescue Terri from Gypsy's dangerous grip?

"Nefarious" is the word of the day. "flagrantly wicked or impious"

#27     Jul 15, 2002
  8. alain

alain

I think that I have read somewhere a few years ago that there was a movie about or with Jesse Livermore. Or as much as I can remember I think he was in a movie about the crash of 1929...

#28     Jul 15, 2002
  9. canuck

canuck

there was the documentary i think called "dot.com", not about trading itself, but about a few guys who raised and lots a fortune in their dot.com. it was pretty good, and in this day and age quite shocking at how easy it was for 3 guys to raise millions on an idea.

cheers

#29     Jul 15, 2002
  10. It is a pretty good movie....but you should read the book by Leeson, its funny too, but has a real technical trading aspect to it that the movie obviously had tone down for the masses

#30     Jul 15, 2002