trading movies

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by snapper, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Here's a question: is there any movie about the stock market where the hero is not involved in insider trading?

#11     Jul 15, 2002
  2. where the hero was a bike messenger turned option broker

or was it the other way around ... he traded on the PSE

I think and lived in the wes coast in the movie

I forgot the title ...

:D

#12     Jul 15, 2002
  3. Yes. He became a bicycle messenger and then a trader again.

#13     Jul 15, 2002
  4. I think that was "QuickSilver" or something with Kevin Bacon..LOL "stockbroker" who wiped out (?) became a hip seattle bike messenger. needed some quick cash so got back into trading. lots of shots of him doing "research" LOL

There was a good one from the mid 80's called "Rollover" with jane fonda and chris christopherson about interbank currency trading.

#14     Jul 15, 2002
  5. Kevin Bacon was the trader turned bicycle messenger, don't remember the name of the movie

#15     Jul 15, 2002
  6. #16     Jul 15, 2002
  7. snapper

snapper

has there ever been a movie about the book, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator? i think that would make for a great movie

#17     Jul 15, 2002
  8. "Quicksilver" -- We were on the floor of the PSE when they filmed that. Eddie Franco (partner in BT) was actually in the movie. Kevin Bacon....it was 'ok' as far as trading portrayals go...

Don

#18     Jul 15, 2002
  9. There was that movie about the RJR Nabisco buyout with James Garner in it. Barbarians At the Gate. No trading scenes, but very interesting.

#19     Jul 15, 2002
  10. Although trading wasnt the main plotline of this movie it featured commodities traders and had many scenes from the floor. Also, a hilarious movie with some great stuff from eddie murphy and dan akroyd. It took me till college to figure out what actually happened at the end.

#20     Jul 15, 2002