-Trading mistakes-

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kastro_316, May 7, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

That is straight out of the Art of War. The author there said to not put too much responsibility on any one soldier, to instead give each one just a small responsibility and make sure he knows how to perform it.

#31     May 12, 2006
  2. Pabst

Pabst

Are you my alter ego, Steve?

#32     May 12, 2006
  3. LOL. That's what I think when I read your posts in Chit Chat (everything besides 9-11).

#33     May 12, 2006
  4. Biggest mistake I made was using stops that were tighter than a nun.

Sometimes being too conservative is just as deadly as being too loose.......:cool:

#34     May 12, 2006
  5. My biggest mistake is not learning from my mistakes.

#35     May 12, 2006
  6. I thought you were going to say <font color=brown><b>catching a falling knife</b></font>.

#36     May 12, 2006
  7. How about using proper trade size compared to equity, which should be a microscopic amount and also with an exceptable yield, just to give back half a months profit with one trade...

It takes a professional to be able to sit back down and continue trading....

I took today off and the weekend to beat myself up over it...

This is the hardest Job I have ever had in my life.

Michael B.

#37     May 12, 2006
  8. The trick is when the knife is falling, you have to keep your body moving and make sure if you fail to catch it by a bit, it goes straight to your heart... This way it is a quick death... :D

#38     May 12, 2006
  9. Shit happens. Take a small break (go to neutral). You will see new equity high in no time IF YOU CAN PUT IT BEHIND YOU.

#39     May 12, 2006
  10. Knowledge of the typical emotions involved is the biggest breakthrough most will realize. The emotions listed on this thread and other threads created for that purpose have the following characteristics:
    1. They tend to be universal. Most will relate to the majority of mistakes (made with the wrong state of mind) shared by fellow traders.
    2. Even with the all mighty element of luck, profits are almost never realized when one of the classical misleading emotions is involved.

This tells me that <b>we are equipped with a powerful emotional filter</b> that can tell us when we are wrong. Whatever your method is, seek information with which you will trade comfortably. Somehow, refusing to commit any of the classical mistakes will naturally lead you to the information you need to make a <i>beautiful trade</i>. Providing you're passionate enough.

#40     May 12, 2006