Trading Methods

Discussion in 'Trading' started by VisionTrader, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Here is my method
    <b>Long</b>
    Breakouts from 6weeks consolidation
    Retracement
    Congestion breakouts.
    IPO
    Number One Strategy

Trade duration 1 to 30 days.
    But most important part is selecting the stocks to use this on.
    I trade these patterns only on stocks with strong uptrend. Everyday I run a 5/10 day and 10/20 day outperform filter on stocks selecting the top 25% stock. Put them in one outperform pool.
    Clean up this pool on weekends with another longer outperform filter . Gap down filter and one day major negative move filter. This gives a pool of about 500 stocks, on which I scan for above set ups.
    From multiple candidates choose first those which are above their all time high or have recently crossed all time high.
    I have a custom developed 4 MACD indicator which gives me a signal many time before actual breakouts.

For IPO I track all IPOs for one year and enter after 10 days or once they cross their IPO high. In fact most methods like double bottom, MA cross, retracement work very well on IPOs. Only thing is you can not day trade most of them , you need to have longer time frame.
    Number one strategy is a list of stocks which are number one in their segment ( this is subjective but I look for well established industries and select the number one player and avoid technology sector) I have around 50 companies on this list. To give an idea e.g Tiffany, Barnes and Noble. This list I buy and hold if they have major correction and if I find good low risk entry point. Or at support on their long term charts.

<b>Shorts</b>
    First bounce after a breakdown.
    Double top.
    Blow out tops
    Three day gap ups on high volume.
    These also I find from the same outperform pool. So basically these are reversing after strong rallies.
    normally my shorts are of lesser duration than long as I have found shorts tend to have more counter trend rallies.

For last two months I am transitioning to Futures and has been trading YM and NQ with small size using stochastic and 4 MACD indicator.

#21     Jul 27, 2003
  2. VISION TRADER.... i looked at the thread you referred to but it was HUGE... EXCUSE ME.. i am sure this was answered there but ... do you trade any and all divergences that appear on either the 1, 3 or 5 min timeframes??? thanks in advance

#22     Jul 28, 2003