Trading Methods & Techniques

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chartwiz212, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This had been the best fun Topic i have read on here, you guy fighting about how clever you all are. Do you have profitable trading accounts or are you just full of clever talk.

:D

#71     Dec 5, 2001
  2. #72     Dec 5, 2001
  3. Dufferdon & your crew...........

Unlike the many others that came & went, I personally came here because I was invited to & to help share ideas, you think of it as a bad thing, I have no idea why you do this & intend to become negetive over somebody posting because I have a website ? or a chatroom ? big deal, did i invite anybody on it ? you act also that its bad to actually show profits, whats wrong with your thinking, so I decieded as I said in the past, if it becomes a negetive, I will stop the posting, I was invited here to show & help people that needed it & to add a good thread to your site, you cant see past your eyeballs that what I was offering was simple to share what I do, contrary to your belive my chatroom calls are NOT selected, they are the actually trades I did for that day win lose or draw, also my examples in my lessons, how do you expect to show anybdy a example thats a bad one ? you show a good proper example so they see it & learn from it..........stop being petty about those that do good,backtesting ? why does somebody need to continue to back test if what they do works ?...... anyway with all that I am done with this site, I have no real use to argue with you or go back & forth over nothing, this is my last post & sorry It came to this point BUT like I said...when it stops being fun, i am done........if anybody else needs any help just email me @ stocktrendwizard@aol.com but you could all thank dufferdon & his crew for thier help in having good solid information stopped...Chris

#73     Dec 5, 2001
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

It's a loss, pure and simple. When a trader who works closely with, and was directly trained by a world-class trader like Linda Bradford Raschke -- and offers help, suggestions, links to free charts at his site, links to free videos at his site, etc. I'm sorry to see him stop. I know those questioning his account balance, his backtesting, his motives, etc. with staunchly defend their approach. And I've read dufferdon's offerings on MSN, along with the other skeptics postings here, but when I think of the potential wealth of knowledge that Chris was offering at Elite Trader, it's a shame he feels driven away, that it's just not worth the hassle, and it's a loss. Pure and simple.

#74     Dec 5, 2001
  5. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

Chris,

Thanks for the info provided to people's questions so far. Whether people post things here or on sites or whereever doesn't much matter to me. I appreciate the time devoted here thus far as I'm sure many others do. But if we can get the same info on your website, I'm just as happy to go there to see it. As most know, I'm more of a faster/scalper type trader, so learning insights from those that use larger time frames is a continuous interest and I appreciate it as support to things I learn from Bo and Russ that I trade with.

Just a note of thanks and look forward to meeting in NY in February.

All the best,

Chris

#75     Dec 5, 2001
  6. gh1

gh1

I think it is a real loss too.

Chris may change his mind after a while and continue to offer his ideas to the board. I certainly hope so.

Legitimate questions are fine, but when delivered with an "edge" of ridicule or hostility -- well, that is usually the start of a thread deteriorating.

In the world of internet anonymity, and only words to go by, i believe it behooves us to be circumspect in our choice of words.

From dufferdon's first post:

"So Chartwiz, what is the trading record of your Fib. retracement method? %wins and losses, %gains and losses. Nice little pictures and concepts mean nothing, it's only results that count"

don't you think this comes off a little like a taunt, regardless of your intent? Even the greatest of men are slave to their passions, why enflame them?

greg

#76     Dec 5, 2001
  7. I have a personal company called Investor Awareness, Inc. (not affiliated with Bright Trading) where I have gone to great lengths to either validate or debunk many trading "systems" and even people's claims (a choice one was the very high profile, and high cost, lecturer who claims in his paperwork that he was the (I believe) the "managing partner of the "Chicago Board of Options Exchange") which naturally raised my interest, since we have been member since the 1980's and have never heard of such a title or of anyone who is a member using the "of" in the CBOE title. We have spread the word about Wade Cook, who btw is way behind on the Millions he has been ordered to pay back to the people who foolishly bought his stuff.

I currently have such names as "teach me to trade" and "wize trade" in my system (I have gone to their free workshops, have talked to people who invested in the products, etc.), and will be making an evaluation of their value for trading.

I respect Ms. Raschke and her history in trading, and am always willing to offer an objective review of results (I started out my "life" as an auditor in Public Accounting), and see if what you are all talking about is a thumbs up or not.

I think that there are methods out there than can help traders, and even software that makes entry and exits easy to read, and yet am a bit concerned about the validity of most "charting systems" for actual trades.

The "chat rooms" have been pretty much hysterical, since I have caught several "past posting" trades...

I would love to see a reality based group show the real results, with real entries posted prior to at at the time of the trade...using real money. It may help the new people on the board.

(sorry for the long post...I hope I made some sense).

#77     Dec 5, 2001
  8. Turok

Turok

>I would love to see a reality based group show
    >the real results, with real entries posted prior to
    >at at the time of the trade...using real money.
    >It may help the new people on the board.

I'm with you Don. It is so easy to post calls/trades to a web site that are theoretical rather than practical (easy Chartwiz...I am not now, nor have ever accused you of such). I can't wait for your (or anyone elses) reports.

Over the last year I have been a member of 2 different chat rooms and one trade service. Later today when I have time I will type up a little something on my experience.

JB

#78     Dec 5, 2001
  9. He was only driven away if the groundrules of this forum are that commericial vendors are to be treated with kid-gloves and are not to be subject to pointed questions.

My original post asked about the results of a trading setup that he posted, based on Fibonacci, and expressed scepticism about Fibonacci numbers; not an uncommon view.

Instead of a measured response the reply was defensive bombast and a mild putdown of little traders vs big-time traders.

I responded with a comment on the scope of his activities, questioned why he chose to become a chatroom leader and asked about his overall performance, seeing that he does not track individual statistics. I can see how these may hit a nerve, but they were not unfair comments (see kid-glove above). I invite you to compare Tony Oz's response to similarly pointed comments from Hitman in another thread. Very classy. And Hitman has no problem posting his trading record, even though he is not selling anything.

Again, instead of a measured response I got attacks on my character and I was asked if I had a problem with what he was doing.

I told him that I did have a problem with repetitive references to a commerical site here. If you do not think the original post to which I responded was promotional, check the one immediately above entitled "choppy day". Did that really add anything to the discussion in this thread? I responded with substance to his personal attack and amplified my views on commercial vendors and verifiable trading records. In no post did I attack his personal character. I asked questions about his methods, motivation and results.

Following the intervention of others on both side of the issue. Chartwiz chose to quit rather than defend with substance his methods and results.

However, it is not a total loss for us, as we all know where to obtain access to his wealth of knowledge. Neither has it been a total loss for him as his 5-day free trial now has a waiting list.

#79     Dec 5, 2001
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Over the last several months I have worked with a commerical site (Teachmetotrade) moderating the chatroom and whatnot. Today is the last day I will be affiliated with them as I have given my notice and returned to them the shares I owned in the company and I do not plan to continue doing a commercial site, but instead to trade and not have to be responsible to other people. In any case, I will say that over the last year message boards have become an increasingly hostile place, were those offering valuable info are attacked often. At one time I was fairly active on them, but because the atmosphere has become fairly negative, I really dont feel I need that kind of negative vibe in my life. Its simply not worth it to offer to help people when the only thing you really get in return is attacked. I have learned a lot from Chris and Linda having known them both now for the last several years, and I will say its a shame he was driven off this site, because he is the single most generous person I have ever had the pleasure to meet (with regard to sharing his knowledge of the market).

Brandon Fredrickson

#80     Dec 5, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.