Trading Methods & Techniques

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chartwiz212, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Chris,

I appreciate your link to the Fib example on your website (along with all the other links). I've never been a strict interpreter of the numbers since, like Nicodemus says, most retracements are relatively close to 38/50/62. But alot of people do watch those numbers so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Again, thanks for your hard work and all your contributions. I've enjoyed your videos and your charts.

#61     Dec 4, 2001
  2. thanks..........I am going to work on a video using the principals from the DOW theory & use present day examples......I will do something nice just need the weekend to get it done.........I want to show the bull & bear phases & the 3 trends & how to understand them, I think you will like it...........chris

#62     Dec 4, 2001
  3. "...or have some friction toward me, why ? "

Well, it seems to me that the thread was started to draw attention to your commercial chat room. The message in question was the 7th or 8th by you with a link to your commercial chat room and seemed like a particularly trite and trivial contribution as a futher effort to continue to draw attention on your commerical chat room. I recognize that your links are intended to be educational as well as promotional. But I think that it is fair to ask questions about the track record of the educational material you are offering when it is used in practice. I could post my views on how to recognize when a right hook is coming, but I would expect anyone reading them would want to know how successful the technique I was suggesting had been before stepping into the ring.

I also thought your response to my original question was rather patronising.

"...be happy for others that I am sharing ideas they would not have otherwise learned from anybody, I am sure your not helping & offering how to trade successfully to others "

To suggest that you are the only one sharing ideas with others is rather arrogant. Check out Tony Oz's contributions to this board for example. Quite devoid of repetitive links to his site. You are also presumptuous to assume that you know all about me and my motivations. Check out this link.

http://communities.msn.com/ShortTermStockTrading/general.msnw

It's a rather trivial effort, compared to yours, to share with others what I have learned about trading the markets, but then it is totally free and non-commercial. Neither is it promoted daily here. I am no trading guru, but hopefully it will help others to climb the learning curve a little faster.

"...in regard to posting audited statements.....gimme a break, i would never ever post anything like that, thats nonsense......why don't you do it, go get aol & get a homepage & upload your acct statements & impress everybody, I don't need to do that or desire to either"

Why not? I could and certainly would if I were running a commercial service. An audited trading record would attract customers better than any other device. In my opinion it should be an SEC requirement for anyone running a commercial advisory service. Failing that, we need Mark Hulbert to rate the on-line advisory services the way he does newsletters. CTAs have to have verifiable trading records, why not stock gurus and why are they all so shy on this subject?

Finally, Nicodemus summed up my thoughts on Fibonacci numbers exactly.

#63     Dec 4, 2001
  4. Like I said.........you have some anger & friction toward me or something inside is bothering you & something about others offering to give helpful ideas to others also bothers you bigtime, you obviously need to get whats inside you & bugging you out for the members here to see, why me ? I don't know, have chocolate, it will help you smile more........I read your last post & in the end means nothing to me.............you just maybe worked to hard this year & need a good rest over the holidays, rather than continuing to be lured into your nonsense, I invested to much time into chatting with you here, waste of my time actually.....I will just wish you a happy holiday & move on in life as you add nothing positive to this thread ..........best of luck & have a nice holiday season..........Chris

#64     Dec 4, 2001
  5. I actually went & seen your work & your right, you actually do contribute to helping others, I apologize for my comment that you don't, but why you find it necessary to attack I don't know, but other than that your okay in my book for contribution to others & their success....best of luck...Chris

#65     Dec 4, 2001
  6. Chartwiz,

I tend to agree with dufferdon. I thought your original posts on this thread were questionable, but your site does have some useful examples of set-ups, so I thought on balance it was probably useful. Now when a thoughtful and reponsible member, dufferdon, asks you a simple question of whether or not you have ANY statistics backing up your methods, you launch a wild personal attack on him.

Vendors come and go. All have the magical key to making a fortune in the market, backed up, as in your case, by carefully chosen examples that illustrate their method. Left unsaid is the fact that thousands of other trades taken using that set-up would have ended in failure. That is why we backtest, and that is why dufferdon posed his question, not because he is some nutcase as you suggest.

#66     Dec 5, 2001
  7. Turok

Turok

It's just the usual...question anything, ask for backup or disagree with the guru and they go off on the "you must be a very angry person".

Fortunately, Dufferdon has his body of work on this forum that demonstrates his thoughtful (and yes helpful) manner.

JB

#67     Dec 5, 2001
  8. ddefina

ddefina

Chartwiz, why don't you give us some background on how you trade, your profitability, etc. New people come all the time and give advice, but we don't know if they're selling something or truly wanting to help. This is a big forum to advertise chat rooms, prop firms, etc., so we're all a little skeptical!

If you're working with Linda Raschke though, you have to have a few good tips. :)

#68     Dec 5, 2001
  9. MD-doc

MD-doc

Dufferdon,

Sorry for my disagreeable post...

but...

it was only a spark of my negative energy caused by "your" very NEGATIVE REACTION... to Chartwiz212's post entitled "Fib Forecasting..." ( 12.04.01) !

Any way, no hard feelings... we are all here, to exchange ideas,
    and learn, like you said " hopefully it will help others to climb the learning curve a little faster " !!!

The most important thing is "the show must go on "... in spite of
    any possible " intestine strife " ...

Have a Good Trading Day, Dufferdon
    MD - doc

#69     Dec 5, 2001
  10. Turok

Turok

>Sorry for my disagreeable post...but...it was only
    >a spark of my negative energy caused by "your"
    >very NEGATIVE REACTION

Don't you just love those "I'm sorry, but you "caused" it so it's still your fault" apologies.

JB

#70     Dec 5, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.