Trading Methods & Techniques

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chartwiz212, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dottom

dottom

Im really starting to belive ET is going "down"... 8849 members and growing.... BUT I have a feeling thete the threads were much, much better and Trading oriented when there was less members...

In every online bulletin-board or mailing list I've been involved in, as membership increases, the signal-to-noise ratio decreases. Usenet misc.invest.* groups are a classic example. Usenet was a decent place to share ideas ~10+ years ago.

#191     Dec 14, 2001
  2. very well said Magna..

weve done everything here but light candles, hold hands and sing kum ba ya.. chris is gone.. time to send this thread to the graveyard..

-qwik

#192     Dec 14, 2001
  3. neo_hr

neo_hr

Baron, close this thread!!! It seems like it aint worth a jack anymore...

#193     Dec 14, 2001
  4. OK by me too.

#194     Dec 14, 2001
  5. Rigel

Rigel

Dottom posted "signal to noise ratio increases with time"
    I agree. There really is just too much spam lately. A lot of "have you tried GeeWhiz.Com" stuff and commercial solicitations from people with trading businesses coming on and "sharing what they know" because they are "experts" and want to "help their fellow traders". Any bozo can set up a web site. Sucker baiting is all it is, and a lot to have to sort through. I think there should be a special category for trading rooms, etc., and anyone who even mentions a service or .com or mentions that they own or work for one should be booted immediately if they post in any category other than the commercial one. If a commercial person really wants to selflessly share in a non-commercial category then there's no reason for them to mention who they work for. It's really getting to be the pits around here lately.
    Thank you. I feel better now.:D

#195     Dec 14, 2001
  6. I am sorry to see chatwiz go. He was personable, and generously provided access to some of his material. I wish you guys would lighten for gosh sakes. You're running everyone off! I noticed Tony Oz doesn't post much here anymore. Can't blame him. Well, Glad to see Don Bright weathered the storm no worse for the wear. (I have the feeling a bulldozer couldn't move Don if he didn't want moved...he's a 'scrapper'!:)

C'mon guys...

"Can't we just all get along?" :)

Protrader1

#196     Dec 14, 2001
  7. guidodf

guidodf

If this were a literature forum, you would be chasing out published authors in order to prevent them plugging their books.

I'm asking the censors: what are you trying to achieve? Once you asked mr XYZ (moderator of a commercial chatroom or whatever else) to show you his/her results and he/she fails to comply, you can decide not to listen to him/her any more. You are saved! The only reason I see for continuing bitching is an unrequested attempt to save others. As a random member of the "others" category I must tell you that I don't want anyone to protect me.

BTW, what do you think was more detrimental to the quality of the BB? Chartwiz posts or this enormous flow of skeptical bitching?

Just my 2 Euro cents

Ciao

Guido

#197     Dec 15, 2001
  8. ddefina

ddefina

I think the problem is that TraderRx left and there is no specific person to pick on anymore. He had his alias' but they seem to be gone as well (probably due to the 55,000 login name limit). I think we need to find TradeRx and let him back on.

#198     Dec 15, 2001
  9. You have stated it PERFECTLY!

Thank You!

ProTrader1

#199     Dec 15, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.