Trading Mentor/Coach wanted!!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by SOStrader, Jan 24, 2006.

1. amazing moderators have the balls to delete my post and leave his alive.
    I dont care if it is foul language that's what these bastards deserve.

#51     Jan 30, 2006

2. :confused:

:confused:

#52     Jan 30, 2006
  3. Evidently you have not seen recent photographs. Surf would make about three Sampsons.:D

#53     Jan 30, 2006

4. :p :D :p

hopefully not for long!

:D

#54     Jan 30, 2006
  5. Someone suggested:

The idea being that studies have shown that the larger the group you ask a question of, the closer the collective answer is to being right. Great good fun for all, I should think.

Try reading Larry Harris.

Then give some consideration to exactly who controls the action of any market.

These two items plus yours can be resolved to one's trading advantage, but it will not be done by very many people it turns out.

A lot of excellent traders do pass it forward. They, know, for instance, that they improve personally by having the mentoring relationship. Often, they actually get to enjoy a connection with someone who is going to excell way past their own successes.

#55     Jan 30, 2006
  6. buzz

buzz

I have read some posts, saying the ones who makes money from trading wont help, saying things like "why should they" "what's in it for them" "they wont give the secrets away" so on so on, Well I would consider my self a pro, why do I post on here, because I like to study psychologie of traders and help others if I can in some way? I put some live calls out last week in ET live chat made 20 live calls scalping with no loss. Then done some swing trades with good results. Everyone is different some traders dont like nose wont answer the phone when they trading or they need they own room, Well for me I can trade on my laptop watching TV and kids running around also putting up with the wife saying how long will you be.… I want to buy some paint, you know the bedrooms need painting, with all this going on I am trading 20 lots. I dont mind the noise of family life, and I can answer the phone with a position on. I dont see it as being a big deal . maybe i'm to relaxed I dont know. But I have a plan before my trading day. I now where I am getting in and getting out. place my orders and away to go. I can even make a cup of tea and the market going agist me,becuse I know my stop is place, trading dont need to be stressful. The only advice I could give dont trade more than 3 times a day.............yes I know I said above I done 20 scalps trades, but I was showing the room what I used to do..scalping can be done but it will burn you out. and you will need a room of you own for that. but for swing trades you dont. good trading..must go wife calling the puppy just shit on our new floor.

buzz

#56     Jan 30, 2006
  7. traderob

traderob

In my week trial I know she made more losing trades than profitable ones, although it was hard to detect because of all the hedging chat given out. And the profitable trades were only a few tick scalps. The only room that was worse (profit wise) was woodies out of the 12 or so I tried. Maybe I caught both of them during a bad run.

Anyway it all helped to lead me,kicking and screaming, towards finally developing my own methods.

All part of the price of trying to do it the easy way.

So my time in Lindas room wasn't a waste, and if you want to learn about how to apply the latest fad indicator then I think Linda BR is a great educator.

#57     Jan 30, 2006
  8. Quote from buzz:

I put some live calls out last week in ET live chat made 20 live calls scalping with no loss.

Yes, your exploits are truly legendary.

[snipped]

must go wife calling the puppy just shit on our new floor.

How do you distinguish?

buzz

#58     Jan 30, 2006
  9. What time frame are you looking to learn?

#59     Jan 30, 2006
  10. Hi Roberk:

I am sure you have thought about this in detail. Apparently you believe that a one week trial is sufficient time in which to judge. Who am I to say different. Sounds like Linda's site (as well as several others) wasn't the right one for you.

I tried her site for a few months, and learned a lot. About a year later I chanced to meet a good practicing professional willing to let me watch and after a period of time, train me. I learned different skills from each person. Both were invaluable to me.

I notice someone mentioning a quote by Acrary, suggesting that traders have to at some point, demonstrate the ability to "catch" trading. He mentioned that he tried to teach a few people, but found that they simply couldn't "see" the charts the way that he could. I have tried to teach a few people, and I find the same thing. There are some folks who (take Samson for example) just don't have it. They try every possible method, they buy every system available, they look in every book, but ultimately they don't have the talent to make it work. I sympathize with them, as it must be a difficult thing to have to admit failure, especially when you want something badly. Must be kind of like having a girl you like tell you "it isn't going to happen". The difference I think is that some of us take that news like adults. We experience the disappointment and move on. We try to have a life based on what we CAN do, rather than what we fantasize we can do.

I am glad to hear you found a way that worked for you. You persevered through some difficulty and that shows character. Ultimately you earned your success.

Thanks for your comment
    Steve

#60     Jan 30, 2006