Trading Mentor/Coach wanted!!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by SOStrader, Jan 24, 2006.

1. I name my trade set ups as well.....it's just a way to talk about them with those in the know, without revealing your strategy to prying ears!

#21     Jan 26, 2006
  2. dextel

dextel

01-27-06 01:04 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from patoo:

As an example....

We just executed the Raschke setup "Burning Dog" from 10:00 est to 10:30 est
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does she still do "turtle soup" ?

well said....

Rashke, Rushe, Livermoore, all bunch of bs
    ... Find yourself

#22     Jan 26, 2006
  3. I do not know your relatives but open minded, genetically hard working individual who truly seeks a knowledge can be trained. Trick is to start them with simple things.
    Systems are not good for beginners, they will never stick with them.

#23     Jan 30, 2006
  4. Thanks for the useful hint. Next time ... :D

#24     Jan 30, 2006
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

Ok, i have seen this asked before and keep seeing the same responses, most are wrong.

It is not true that those who are really good traders are unwilling to teach others. the question of do they have the time is another part all together.

It is also a myth that anyone willing to help is looking for selfish motives before they would help anyone else.

I would be willing to help someone else, BUT, it would be someone i met in real life, a neighbor kid as an example, a nice waitress etc. you get the point. i actually look forward to do this as i wind down from trading as a money maker and sink further into a semi-retirement state.....:D

I think a lot of those who profess that others are unwilling to help others are themselves still struggling with the game and have a hard time grasping the fact that others really would be helpful in teaching. They are jealous....:D Not picking on anyone specific, just a synopses of the average reply i have seen on the thread.

Teaching is a very rewarding exercise and is also shows a high degree of character amoung the teachers. teaching is good for you.

Elvis has left the building.......soon for good

#25     Jan 30, 2006
  6. cvds16

cvds16

guys, give the guy some credit, problem is I happen to know he lives in Europe, which makes things about twice as hard to try to become things like a "trading assistant" (although this seems like good advice to me). At least he knows he doesn't know much and he shows a desire to learn something, which can not be said from some of the people that show up in these threads.
    Problem is I don't know any good answers myself, as I'm testing myself trying to find a good way of trading again, since I stopped trading (profitably) volatility in options since cancellation costs became part of the game.

#26     Jan 30, 2006
  7. I more then anyone else in this forum is truly qualified to answer your question about mentors, courses etc....

I spent over 30k in courses and systems in my first two years of trading fulltime.

Some where Good (2%) but 98% where a waste of time.

That includes the free ones found here in ET... Spyders and No_pm_please.

The main reason that they are a waste of time is exactly because of what acrary stated in his post.

You MUST develop a method around YOUR personality and goals.

So the best advise ANYONE can every give you is to EDUCATE yourself.

Sit down with a blank chart with NOTHING but Price Bars and Volume on it for 6 months and just watch and make notes.

Once you have done this you will be able to build around those consistency's that you have observed, then go out and buy every book you can get that will educate you in the definitions of every indicator and what they are designed to do and measure, then you can CHOOSE to apply them IF you want to.

Put the Horse before the Cart and it will be a smooth ride for you, too many traders try and make things too complicated way to fast without really understanding the abc's first imo.

#27     Jan 30, 2006
  8. ozzy

ozzy

There are a few people on here who know what their doing. But why the fuck would they help you (some stranger on the internet) when they could be making mad money day in day out trading. Think about that a little.

The only way around my statement above is if you are a bombshell (female) with a nice rack, otherwise I see no reason for someone to help you unless they are flaming.

Have Fun Trading

ozzy

#28     Jan 30, 2006
  9. if u got big boobs I might lend a hand

:p

#29     Jan 30, 2006
  10. I spent 3 months in Linda's room and although I'm sure SHE was making some money I highly doubt anyone else was, at least the 5-10 others I chatted with in there weren't.

I did learn a few "Parlour Tricks" from her book BUT they were highly dependent on existing market conditions.

Don't waste your time on her room!

#30     Jan 30, 2006