Trading Mentor/Coach wanted!!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by SOStrader, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am curious, how many PMs have you got so far?

#11     Jan 25, 2006
  2. patoo

patoo

Did you say you were in Raschke's Chat Room and she was losing money?

http://www.lbrgroup.com/

I doubt it. I don't use her style. But it works for her. The trading room is designed for the new guy with simple setups. I know she is trading her own accounts behind the scenes and not sharing those trades with the chat room using more complicated setups.

She takes your money big time, but she has a lot to offer a new kid on the block.

She is full of information about the markets and gives classes after the market closes.

No_pm's strategy is classic Raschke. Read his threads. He went to her seminar and then made a working strategy. What better recommendation is that?

#12     Jan 25, 2006
  3. patoo

patoo

As an example....

We just executed the Raschke setup "Burning Dog" from 10:00 est to 10:30 est

#13     Jan 25, 2006
  4. wow, impressive. Sounds like you made tons of money.
    I executed my setup "drowning cat", later added by "jumping ape". Now I prepare myselve for the monster of all setups, creamed elephant if I have the balls.

#14     Jan 25, 2006
  5. Caveat emptor.

#15     Jan 25, 2006
  6. acrary

acrary

SosTrader, you're probably not going to want to hear this, but for the benefit of others I'll tell you....trading cannot be taught...it has to be caught. By that I mean you must have a perceptive nature. Without it, buy a trading system and execute it mechanically.

I've tried to teach a few people (relatives) and had them sit with me for hours. I'd say "you see that?" They'd say "see what?". What I found was most people can't perceive the difference between opportunity, risk, and danger in a position. Without it, you'll never be able to create your own strategies. Sure, you can mimic a strategy taught to you, but you might as well be a system trader.

#16     Jan 25, 2006
  7. JayK

JayK

SOSTrader,

This is not an advertisement, just my personal view. Years ago I had the same question that you are asking here, and took the Pristine 3-day seminar: I liked the people (Oliver Velez and Greg Capra) and the knowledge they shared with us, very much, and my trading benefited a lot.

Why don't you do the same? If not them, try Dave Nassar of MarketWise, or Linda Raschke, or Tony Oz - there are many excellent traders out there willing to teach, for a fee. They also have trading tools that they can share with you and show you how to use them - again, for a fee.

Trading is the ultimate capitalistic profession. If you want something, find someone who has it and offer to buy it. Knowledge and experience is for sale to the highest bidder: do not shortchange your education because (as one of them says) ignorance is very expensive. :)

#17     Jan 25, 2006
  8. patoo

patoo

Thats an Opening Gap play to you, dipstick. So, she named it...

#18     Jan 25, 2006
  9. well said.

#19     Jan 26, 2006

10. does she still do "turtle soup" ?

:D

#20     Jan 26, 2006