Trading Maxims/Quotes

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Commisso, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues"

Duke Ellington

#11     Jan 1, 2002
  2. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"You've got to be very careful if you dont know where you are going, because you might not get there"

Yogi Berra

#12     Jan 1, 2002
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

Here's a few of my favorites (and I apologize for not properly attributing them):

"If you don't know who you are, Wall Street is one of the most expensive places to find out.

"There are old traders, there are bold traders, but there are no old, bold traders.

"There are a million ways to make money in the market. The irony is that they are all very difficult to find.

"Most traders take a good system and destroy it by trying to make it into a perfect system.

"If you're going to panic, panic early.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.

"If you look around the table and don't see a sucker, then you are the sucker.

"If you find yourself in the bottom of a deep hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

"The system wasn't designed so that most people could beat it.

"At all levels of play the secret of success lies not so much in playing well as in not playing badly.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is to think you've got the time to play it safe."

#13     Jan 1, 2002
  4. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"The main obstacle lies in distancing ourselves from our emotions"

Benard Baruch

#14     Jan 1, 2002
  5. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the markets. Some people seem to like to lose, so they win by losing."

Ed Seykota

#15     Jan 1, 2002
  6. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"HOPE" is a four letter word that your ego uses to curse you out...

John H. Hayden --- The 21 Irrefutable Truths of Trading

#16     Jan 1, 2002
  7. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"The key is consistency and discipline. Almost anybody can make up a list of rules that are 80% as good as what we taught. What they can't do is give (people) the confidence to stick to those rules even when things are going bad."

Richar Dennis

#17     Jan 1, 2002
  8. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"Being a successful trader also takes courage; the courage to try, the courage to fail, the courage to succeed, and the courage to keep going when the going gets tough"

Michael Marcus

#18     Jan 1, 2002
  9. 'It does not matter how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get up.'-- Vince Lombardi

'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.' -- Robert F. Kennedy

#19     Jan 1, 2002
  10. bronks

bronks

"The eyes of the dove are lovely, my son. But the hawk rules the skies, so cover your dove-like eyes and grow claws."
    -author unknown

#20     Jan 1, 2002