Trading Maxims/Quotes II

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Commisso, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"...human experience is determined as much by the nature of mind and the structure of the senses as by external objects whose presence the mind reveals"

~Alan Watts~

#11     Jun 10, 2002
  2. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"...the measuring of worth and sucess in terms of time, and the insistent demand for assurances of a promising future make it impossible to live freely both in the present and in "the promising" future when it arrives. For there is never anything but the present and if one cannot live there, one cannot live anywhere..."

~Alan Watts~

#12     Jun 10, 2002
  3. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"Adopt the pace of nature;
    her secret is patience"

~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

#13     Jun 10, 2002
  4. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"The finger pointing at the moon is not the moon..."

~Zen Proverb~

#14     Jun 10, 2002
  5. Commisso

Commisso Guest

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat..."

~Napolean~

#15     Jun 10, 2002
  6. a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

-?

#16     Jun 10, 2002
  7. Commisso

Commisso Guest

...For a man rings like a cracked bell when he thinks and acts with a split mind -- one part standing aside to interfere with the other, to control, to condemn, or to admire"

~Alan Watts~

#17     Jun 10, 2002
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

Hmmm, did you mean a little proverbial knowledge? :)

#18     Jun 10, 2002
  9. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Wow am I getting my balls broken for pointing a finger or two in the direction???

#19     Jun 10, 2002
  10. I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again because it cannot be overemphasized; The most important change in my trading career occurred when I learned to DIVORCE MY EGO FROM THE TRADE. Trading is a psychological game. Most people think they're playing against the market, but the market doesn't care. You're really playing against yourself. You have to stop trying to will things to happen in order to prove you're right. Listen only to what the market is telling you NOW! Forget what you thought it was telling you five minutes ago. The sole objective of trading is not to prove you're right but to HEAR THE CASH REGISTER RING.

Martin Schwartz Pit Bull page 287

#20     Jun 10, 2002