trading maxim - 8 down days, 9th day up?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by crimony, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Wow! I guess you need to define "up day" and "down day." LOL

The elite never cease to amaze me. :p

#11     Mar 27, 2006
  2. BSAM

BSAM

(Using the logic of the scarecrow in The Wizard Of Oz).....

I'm not real certain, but even if it's a September 11th type of day; if the close is higher than the open, yes...yes...I'm thinking it would indeed be an up day. Yes.....yes.....even 100% of the time.

#12     Mar 27, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Even if you found proof that the 9th day did indeed produce a bounce, the logic would still be flawed. What's the cause and effect. Was their a "nine day" virus that infected buyers? My biggest beef with what passes as TA these days is that it's become mere statistics without context. Reminds me of football touts. "Well you gotta love the Giants this week. They've covered their last six when playing on artificial turf in temperatures below freezing after a bye week off." Huh? Does anyone believe that any of that will determine the results of the Giants game? Then why would anyone care about the obvious randomness or "hard right edge" of most TA.

#13     Mar 27, 2006
  4. BSAM

BSAM

(You got to employ a day trader's logic/mindset.)

#14     Mar 27, 2006
  5. Actually, it goes like this:

If on the 9th day, the Close is higher than the former Close, then the 9th day will be an up day.

If on the 9th day, the Close is lower than the former Close, then the 9th day will be a down day.

I absolutely guarantee this works 100% of the time. If anyone needs the details of this system, I can sell you the whole thing for only $3995. I take paypal.

Quah: You forgot about gaps.

#15     Mar 27, 2006
  6. Crap like N days back, etc. Almanacs, comet sightings, days after getting laid etc is why it takes some forever, "IF" ever to get a real handle on what is actually required to use TA and money mgt for buying that new house or car..........:D

#16     Mar 27, 2006
  7. bitrend

bitrend

#17     Mar 27, 2006
  8. Choad

Choad

Cummon guys, Quah was layin' a tongue-in-cheek on ya.

IF the CLOSE is HIGHER than the OPEN on the 9th day, then it will be an up day...

#18     Mar 27, 2006

9. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO(LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

BWA KAKAKKAKA :D

#19     Mar 27, 2006
  10. Actually, if trading equities, the "closing" price is marked at 4pm. The stock could still finish down for the DAY in afterhour trading.

#20     Mar 27, 2006