Trading Masters Degree

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bigbeech, Sep 9, 2003.

1. I've spent alot of time at both, my vote is on OSU.

#11     Sep 9, 2003
  2. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

After last week's stellar display, I'm starting to wonder..such a "what have you done for me lately" fan I am! : )

No worries..in Tressel I Trust! Clarett can go to Canada and play for all I care.

#12     Sep 9, 2003
  3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Yeah, they didn't quite cover against San Diego St. .. an up and coming powerhouse! LOL

And I agree on Clarett ... heard he may sue the NFL.

And now back to the market ... tank, tank ... yeah, I'm short.

#13     Sep 9, 2003
  4. first of all, this thread should be under career trader rather than resources as I am asking about taking the program to further my career as an institutional trader- well, really to help the transition between prop to institutional. I am afraid that the knowledge at least in the beginning will be remedial, but the more advanced classes, especially the quant, statistics and programming classes will be valued by a future employer. I understand that trading yourself and finding your own winning ways has value and I have been doing that. I think that by taking this program, I will be a more well rounded trader and that I will be able to market myself better for an institutional job. What I am trying to ask is how will it really help my chances?? I know institutions prize advanced degrees and I think a masters in trading would be a direct corrollary into trading on a prestigious desk. I am obviously going to try and get a job first without going through this program, but if I do go through this program I need to know that it will be landing me a job where I want to be. So, I would especially like to hear from traders that trade at a major firm or anyone else who has institutional experience.

Thanks and good trading to all.

#14     Sep 9, 2003
  5. xbrxx

xbrxx

Perhaps you should consider getting a M.S. in Math from a good school. I think more hedge funds and institutions would be more attracted to such a degree.

xbrxx

#15     Sep 10, 2003
  6. atrade

atrade

I briefly checked your link out on the continued education. The one set of classes says it will help you prepare for the CFA test. There in lies your answer. Go to aimr.com or cfacenter.org and see the tremendous pull you have as a cfa man.

#16     Sep 10, 2003