Trading Markets- $7500

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Trend Fader, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Yeah, it appears that once sign-ups reach an exhaustion point at the unbeatable original price, someone (a TradingMarkets employee/eBay vendor-regular?) goes on eBay with the same once-in-a-lifetime (or, in this case, this-year) promo - but at the half price!

A lot of TM's "trading with the generals" guy's stuff goes that route; ET's Classifieds Forum has been tried quite a few times as a dumping ground for same - usually after 5:00 p.m. Eastern on a Friday afternoon - when they figure Baron has closed up shop...

#11     Apr 6, 2005
  2. traderob

traderob

I got that email from Trading markets,
    looks like a reversal based on exhaustion buying/selling.

I guess selling a commonly used system for $750,000 seemed like a reasonable business deal for them.
    They probably have a few of these (old systems)in the pipepline ready to wheel out.

#12     Apr 6, 2005
  3. traderob

traderob

Any preference on mail order brides origin?

#13     Apr 6, 2005
  4. #14     Apr 6, 2005
  5. stock777,

interesting. That's a no risk trade! A wonderful idea. Maybe we all should come up with nice daytrading system and sell it for $7500. Even selling 10 of these is still a nice chump change! And use that money to trade. :)

misc

#15     Apr 6, 2005
  6. I say go for it. Develop a system and market it. Innovation and free enterprise are what makes america great.

The thing I question is that the sytem was tested on the last 5 years, but the VOL in the market 5 years ago was very different than the VOl today. My question, How does that impact system results?

#16     Apr 6, 2005
  7. mschey,

yeah. i noticed too that it was only for the last 5 years! we had super volatility during 2000-2002 during the peak of the bubble then the ensuing bear market. then a great rally in 2003. 2004 is so so. has the volatility always been the same?

Noticed that their winning % is only 63%.

misc

#17     Apr 6, 2005
  8. I passed out laughing!

#18     Apr 6, 2005
  9. TM are a joke...

#19     Apr 6, 2005
  10. If I register as a subscriber to tradingmarkets, can I get access to all these expensive courses?? It seems that there are many courses in the Tradingmarkets Universities.... If yes, why should I pay thousands on these courses???

Anyone can give me advice? Should I join TM for one year?? Or should I order the stuffs on eBay since they are not included in the annual subscription?

#20     Apr 9, 2005