Trading Magazines ?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Star, Nov 8, 2005.

1. "SFO" is really pretty good. Some issues are more fluff than others, but sometimes I get an issue and almost every article was helpful or interesting.

"Futures" is too thin & it has a lot of fluff. "SFO" would be great for new traders, I just peeked through one and realized there is a lot of useful information in there for those who are just learning about trading. Particularly those interested in managing their own existing account, say one that someone else may have neglected...

'Nuff said I sound like I'm pushing their product - okay, it sucks at least one issue per year, ya happy now?

#11     Nov 22, 2005
  2. Surdo

Surdo

I happen to agree with you.

"Futures" is not even worth getting for free, it is one big ad for PFG!

"SFO" usually has a decent article or 2 each month.

#12     Nov 22, 2005
  3. Mr. WarrenBuffet -

SFO is not the place to learn about scalping.

OZ would be the man to look up for that, but it doesn't matter scalping is only in history books. It still exists but only if you aren't paying any commissions. For Retail, it died with decimalization. (keep in mind I'm assuming you mean buying bid and selling ask)

Look for some other options at a Trader's disposal in SFO.

PS - if you've got a scalping strategy prepared, post it (the Rules and Guidelines and Targets/Stops) and I'll show you why it's not likely to make money. Here's a hint...

$3, $7, or $9 per side (plus exchange fees, and additional fees for orders over 5,000 shares)
    - or -
    $0.01 p/share, $0.006 p/share, or anything over $0.001 (multiply that by enough shares to make the scalp worth while, and you're better off with $3 per side)

PS PS - Check the Better Business Bureau before you give anyone ANY money who claims to know how to scalp at the retail level... Successfully. It can be done, but not consistently- and certainly not profitably.

#13     Nov 22, 2005
  4. nlslax

nlslax

Catching a plane tomorrow to visit the in-laws. Not much to do other than eat and watch TV - although they do have a computer with a celeron chip on dial-up.
    Gathering magazines to keep the mind occupied during the week.
    Got 3 SFO's, 5 Futures and some trade mags. Hope it's enough.

Anyone still read SOC? I haven't since my free sub ended.

#14     Nov 22, 2005
  5. nlslax

nlslax

Just wanted to add my $.02 that SFO is the best of the 3.

#15     Nov 22, 2005