Trading Magazine

Discussion in 'Trading' started by alain, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Personally, I get more ideas from Elitetrader than from any magazine, but Activetrader is good.

#11     Feb 7, 2002
  2. AAA,

Do you just ask your futures broker to send you Futures Mag or what? Sounds like too good a deal. Thanks

#12     Feb 7, 2002
  3. alain

alain

actually I just went through the futures mag webpage... it looks like there is something behind. We all trade futures anyway so I guess this magazine can bring us some more knowledge. I was just amazed by the good information they offer for free on their webpage. I guess for some beginners it's even better than most books that are out there.

thnx for the discussion.

alain
    (Switzerland)

#13     Feb 7, 2002
  4. Kicking,

I got it a long time ago through a broker then you get a card every year asking you to confirm you are an industry participant. Probably you could get it from the magazine directly.

#14     Feb 7, 2002
  5. Amen! same here. I read the magazines mostly for entertainement. On occation they will have good stuff.

* activetrader has had a good series on tax by Green
    * Ehlers cycle stuff in TASC was excellent
    * futures mag used to have ruggerio with new ideas

so you always get a bit of something out of it, but mostly it's just fun to read.

#15     Feb 7, 2002
  6. Yeap, I like Active Trader also. it tells alot about stock tech analysis. It help some on my trading.

#16     Feb 7, 2002
  7. The parts of Active Trader magazine I like the most are discussions with successful traders, since I am always on the lookout for additional insights to enhance my trading arsenal...

#17     Feb 11, 2002
  8. Aries

Aries Guest

Does anyone know if there's a big difference between Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques 1st ed. and the 2nd ed.??? I'm thinking about buying this book but there's a huge difference in price on Amazon.com. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

#18     Feb 16, 2002
  9. I read both, but most of that information is free on the web.

Check out the "Chart School" @ Stockcharts.com. Here is the link:

http://stockcharts.com/education/What/ChartAnalysis/

Just scroll down to candlesticks....they have everything you need.

Or just go to the library and check them out for free...they are your tax dollars.

#19     Feb 16, 2002
  10. Aries

Aries Guest

Barbarian,
    Thank you for your response. Stockcharts.com is a very good website and I use it pretty often in my pre-market research. Tried the library but couldn't get hold of either one. I want to keep a good TA book at home as a reference and I like to read in the book format rather than on the internet. Since you read both which one would you recommend??? Thanks again.

#20     Feb 17, 2002