trading low floaters

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TechnicalTrader, Apr 24, 2007.

1. trading low floaters seems to pull away from technicals at least in relation to momo plays. while low floaters can and do follow alot of technicals like the FIB numbers, MACD, STO's it seems they rely more on squeezes and utilizing their low floats. In many cases i do not believe fundamentals play any role in low float micros. I do however, when trading like to follow loosely fundamentals just as a precaution to safe trading. i think as a trader you have to be aware of how the valuation plays in when momo takes over and they are up 100%+.

2. joemmoney

joemmoney

WELL IS THAT BECAUSE THE LOW FLOATERS ARE GETTING SQUEZZED? OR IS IT BECAUSE THE NEWS IS SO BIG.

3. it starts based on news usually i find but then because of lack of shares the price rockets. you have 1 million people trying to buy 10 million shares and there are only 3 million available. panic buying comes in and people are willing to pay anything trying to catch it. in addition you then have shorts which are forced to cover which adds more buying pressure.

avnr shot up 300% last week. unreal. the question becomes at what point do you still buy or at what point do you short. these low floats can run up and up. or fall right away.

i leared alot of this from this website where i was taught this stuff. inthemoneystocks.com. you should check it out. probably the most solid swing traders and day traders i have found online.

4. joemmoney

joemmoney

YEAH I SAW THAT DNDN. MAN THAT WAS A MOVER. I SAW IT UP OVER 300% ON THE OPEN TWO WEEKS AGO. wHAT CAUSED THAT ONE.

5. dndn was a mix of amazing news on their drug provenge and 20 million shorts that had to cover. over all the small cap runners that was probably one of the most legit to 15 area. the spike over 20 came back quickely. 20 million buyers from shorts, then funds buying, day traders buying, investors buying. all that equals one heck of a move!

the swing traders on inthemoneystocks.com found dndn at 3.70 based off the weekly technicals charts. quite a move! however, nuvo, cege which ran up 100% on sympathy was just bs imo. no drugs of theirs closer to approval. those did and will continue to come back down.

-tt

6. THis is the second meaningless thread used by this person to pump his website...

I thought only sponsors could pump their sites ?

Can we get rid of him please...

7. andread

andread

I would actually suggest to get rid of both

8. where can I search for low floats and high short % of floats ? I use stock fetcher, and they don't let you search for that

Any ideas besides looking up every stock on yahoo finance