Trading longer time frames

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by candeo, Nov 16, 2006.

1. I think we can draw the conclusion that day trading is mostly attractive to young people. As they get older, day trading might seem to be more of a burden, as they have to put in a lot of "screen time", and spend less time with family etc.. Eventually they realize they can have their cake and eat it too when they go for the mega trends that dont require sitting in front of a computer all day and doing more of what matters to them.

cm69

#21     Nov 17, 2006
  2. taowave

taowave

Forget about fighting against the Cohens of the world.Try taking the other side of his option trades for a living.That was one of my functions when I worked at an investment bank on wall street..

#22     Nov 17, 2006
  3. Certainly true! :)

#23     Nov 17, 2006
  4. I think it will ultimately be more important to me too but for now I don't mind.

HSI is open for 4.5 hours a day (2 hour lunch in the middle) so I just look on it as "work." Still has no boss but my own success but who really objects to 4.5 hours work a day with no commute. I might just trade the first session on days when it seems too much.

But the equation for day trading is too good to ignore for most of us. I can take 8 to 10 trades a day with good expectancy and risk x% of my account on each. If my expectancy is 2 then that gives me a daily outcome of 16x% to 20x%. Thats every day. Hard to achieve with swing trading.

And I enjoy watching fires, rivers, and the markets. Just let go and enjoy the flow Austin :)

#24     Nov 17, 2006
  5. I trade Forex and the most recent breakthrough in my trading was the discovery of only taking trades short term in the direction of the long term bias. I had read about it, but finally it hit home!

#25     Nov 17, 2006
  6. taowave

taowave

how do you define long term bias??

#26     Nov 17, 2006
  7. Heres a question-scalpers aside, how many "big" 10+/1 trades do daytraders have? (that risk reward is just an example, and im assuming futures/leverage generally)

Is it reasonable, to suggest longer term traders have more of these "chunky" return trades generally, disregarding costs?

#27     Nov 17, 2006
  8. longer than my short term trades...

#28     Nov 17, 2006
  9. LOL :D

#29     Nov 17, 2006
  10. taowave

taowave

that is quite a breakthrough

surprised you shared it:D

#30     Nov 18, 2006