Trading Long Straddles

Discussion in 'Options' started by falconview, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Thanks

I'm right now trading straight options on IWM. Just got my first trade in. Will try three and if it works will go to cash.

#821     Aug 26, 2012
  2. iwm is also on my list of stocks/etfs i follow. i have traded some iwm bull put credit spreads with success.
    what strategy are you using?

#822     Aug 26, 2012
  3. No strategy. Just technical TIMING for a straight buy and a small nibble in cash of .30 cents profit, without trying to chase the prices. Once bought, just enter a sell order and let it ride. Too soon to tell, but give it two months and will know more.

My theory is to see if I can get a high win to loss ratio, enough to start piling on contracts. Slow business, about one trade a week, or two.

#823     Aug 27, 2012
  4. Hang in there .... champ.

#824     Aug 27, 2012
  5. Oooookay! On my second bet using the new system, I closed out too soon. I won a $100 and could have expected to win $300. But was scared out, and working on the hypothesis, that winning something and not having a loser was better for me. As the day progressed, I would have earned my $300, which it did just now. So I learned something about how my new indicators and signals work. I hope? One more paper trade after this and if I have a third winner, will move to cash trading.
    Guess I will call this Black Jack Trading system in which you count the cards, or moves. Really hope it works long term.

#825     Aug 29, 2012
  6. "Really hope it works long term."

uhmmmmm..."hope" is NOT an OPTION (trade) :)

#826     Aug 29, 2012
  7. You are the weakest link - goodbye!

#827     Aug 30, 2012
  8. Some people just never learn. They carry an "I'll throw the dice on this idea" attitude and just keep spinning their wheels getting nowhere...

LEARN SOME FU*KING FUNDAMENTALS FOR A CHANGE AND YOU'LL BE AMAZED HOW MUCH MORE SIMPLER THE TECHNICALS CAN PINPOINT A SOLID TRADE, WHETHER ITS A STOCK< FUTURE< or OPTION TRADE.

#828     Aug 30, 2012
  9. Weell, I missed this run up. It started and I missed it. Thought of chasing it and decided not too. For the PUT losers on "my option trades", not trading is a good decision too. ( grin )

#829     Sep 7, 2012

10. buy when volatility is low and price is low

#830     Sep 17, 2016