Trading Long Straddles

Discussion in 'Options' started by falconview, Jun 13, 2011.

1. sle

sle

Interest rate options (BFOs/STIRO/Swaptions/CurveOptions etc). I am glad you are laughing...

JGBs, for example, don't even have anything liquid option-wise trading past the front month. So I get 30 days at most.

#41     Jun 14, 2011
  2. sle

sle

In general, you want to remember what your wrote a few years ago before yapping about your 16 years of experience. A single look at your previous posts shows that your first message here was:

So what is it and what exactly do you trade right now?

#42     Jun 14, 2011
  3. sle = real deal. Obvious to anyone checking his historical posts.

DerivativesG, I think you're bluffing. It was the comment about delta hedging frequency that really gave it away.

Even though you're putting on a pure volatility trade?

Rather than follow the advice that you want or are hoping to hear, follow the advice to put in some groundwork first. Otherwise you're purely speculating, not trading.

#43     Jun 15, 2011
  4. Well you made me laugh, what can I say? :D

#44     Jun 15, 2011
  5. LMAO. I don't have to prove anything to you. Don't believe me.
    You think this strategy of not believing me will make me tell you all the details of my trading strategy?
    And have a great day.

#45     Jun 15, 2011
  6. :D Wow, I feel very special.
    You actually went through all my posts to dig out more information about me.
    Yes I posted that. And that same year I was offered a position at a hedge fund. I have traded for them ever since. So what exactly are you asking me?
    I trade equity options.
    Oh and in correct English you would say "you wrote" and not "your wrote".

#46     Jun 15, 2011
  7. The puerility of that statement speaks volumes. I rest my case.

#47     Jun 15, 2011
  8. Ok, do that. And here is an old post from you.

You are suggesting Joe Ross that one can receive an education in spread trading by simply reading a couple of threads. If you were a real trader, you would know that you can't learn by simply reading few threads. You have to put on many trades real time. This is how you learn to how to trade. Not by reading threads.

#48     Jun 15, 2011
  9. Amusingly, you have read it literally, without understanding the context (trolling), and missing the nuanced sarcasm. (You presumably didn't check who Joe Ross is and what he does/did for a living?)

#49     Jun 15, 2011
  10. You are really funny, you know that? I have checked and read other threads from you. I often read that you love calling other people trolls. Is it because you like to be a troll yourself? I know who Joe Ross is.

#50     Jun 15, 2011