Trading Lingo for the 21st Century

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Feb 17, 2009.

1. The B-Team's noble objective on ET needs no definition: "We seek the total edgification of ET!"

#11     Feb 17, 2009
  2. Kindly pardon my little tour de farce. I don't trade range-bound days well, my trend-day triggers are ominously silent, and I am going slowly mad with boredumb. But I am having a little fun coding up the inverse of a famous trend trading system. I may post the results at EOD.

#12     Feb 17, 2009
  3. Inexplicably, I forgot the skill I am proudest of, edgification, the art of converting trading intuition to edges, as in:
    "In his middle age, Hypostomus wasted many years of his precious waning life in futile attempts at SCT edgification."

#13     Feb 17, 2009
  4. and now you are wasting precious years talking about the precious years you wasted :D

#14     Feb 17, 2009
  5. jjf

jjf

excrementofication del toro

#15     Feb 17, 2009
  6. Finally, I leave as exercises for the student the proper definition and usage of "edgified," "edgeated," "edgeiphile," "edgeomic," "edgeonomic," and "edgeominious."

#16     Feb 17, 2009
  7. Rodion and jjf, all I can think of in retort is "Edgecrement!"

#17     Feb 17, 2009
  8. Ah, low literary criticism is such an inspiration! How does one feel when one posits, codifies, optimizes, backtests and successfully forward tests an edge? Why, "edgestatic," of course.

#18     Feb 17, 2009
  9. Obviously my critics are non-believers in edges, what we on the B-Team call "edgyists." "SCT as a trading philosophy is egregiously edgyistic' comes to mind.

#19     Feb 17, 2009
  10. LuckyGirl asked me in a PM what really I look like, as in print I project this aura of sagacity and profundity. Sorry to disappoint. More like sag-ass-ity.

#20     Feb 17, 2009