trading legends I have met

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SethArb, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Worked for the educational division of Tony Saliba's firm in '94, and did some trade shows for the firm, so saw and talked to Tony. Tom Baldwin's girlfriend was there doing some bond trading classes for European and Mexican bankers.

Knew a guy named Bill Greenspan who used to run something called Commodity Boot Camp. The Boot Camp thing was pretty much fluff, but Bill made money you wouldn't believe trading one lots over and over and over every day in the S & P pit. This was back when Borsellino was still trading in the pit early-mid 90's.

Also got a chance to meet and chat with Shel Natenberg - a very nice, unassuming guy, and had a number of chats with Dave Lerman, head of the CME options marketing program at the time. Oh, and did meet "Dr. Jon" Najarian.

#31     Oct 24, 2006
  2. Yes I did. Exchanged some words about his Alchemy of Finance but mostly bout whether he wanted red or white. He has a place on 73rd and Park East which is occupied by his servants most of the year.

Very reserved man. He is all about his philanthropy now.

#32     Oct 24, 2006
  3. Paul Tudor Jones back in the days when he and Rick Heye ran the Tudor/Clearwater Fund.

It should have been a red flag when he associated himself with "Slick Ricky". He no longer impresses me.

#33     Oct 25, 2006
  4. BCE

BCE

Is he as brilliant in real life as he appears on TV? :D
    Interesting pullback on the futures. Afraid of the little old Fed? :D

#34     Oct 25, 2006
  5. NTB

NTB

Steve Cohen
    Stanley Druckenmiller
    Stephen Feinberg (Cerberus)
    Israel Englander
    Jack Nash
    Leon Cooperman
    Jim Rogers
    Victor Neiderhoffer
    Richard Dennis
    too many to list

#35     Oct 25, 2006
  6. More...

D'brickashaw Ferguson

Clubber McBabypuncher

Hugh Janus

Richard Holder

Phil McCraken

Joe Theismann

#36     Oct 26, 2006
  7. Marketsurfer! followed surfs calls since I waz 15. surf has made multiple calls of unbelievible acuraxy. followed closly in S Afica.
    and korea. looking forward to the surf fest in decembar.

pink

#37     Oct 27, 2006
  8. bgp

bgp

who are they ? you have"nt met me yet!!

bgp

#38     Oct 27, 2006
  9. stereo70

stereo70

bunnypink/marketsurfer:

Did you have a nervous breakdown or something? You seem to have serious issues.

#39     Oct 27, 2006
  10. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

LOL, I think he once pimped for wizetrade... old Joe, buying on green and selling on red! Definitely a legend, but probably not a trading legend.

#40     Oct 27, 2006