trading legends I have met

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SethArb, Sep 9, 2006.

1. buzz

buzz

Marty Schwartz I could name more, but you wont have heard of them. they are EX floor traders who made millions.

#11     Oct 24, 2006
  2. That's Buzzy to you, buzz.

:p

#12     Oct 24, 2006
  3. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I met Jim Rogers after a speech he gave in 2003 at a local university. He said two things that stand out in my mind: Oil would go to $100 a barrel soon (not 100 yet, but still more than doubled the $30 a barrel it was trading at the time. Even my wife, who couldn't care less about trading, still comments about that call.) and that he hired a nanny to teach his baby daughter Chinese because she would need it by the time she is an adult.

He is very entertaining (for a guy with a bow tie) if you ever get a chance to hear him speak.

#13     Oct 24, 2006
  4. bob bright.

#14     Oct 24, 2006
  5. Hey, he's from my home town. How is he doing?

#15     Oct 24, 2006
  6. I shot craps with Trader Vic in Vegas.

#16     Oct 24, 2006
  7. me.

:)

#17     Oct 24, 2006
  8. I once met Cosmo Kramer in the laundromat. We were wagering on when dryers' cycle would complete. He didn't have cash to pay up so I ended up taking his clothes in lieu ...

#18     Oct 24, 2006
  9. How much did it cost you?

#19     Oct 24, 2006
  10. Blair Hull (Hull Trading), Market Wizards - a real trader's trader.

"Names" are a different story.

Murphy, Bollinger, Williams, Nassar, Raschke, Toni Turner, Don "Hollywood" Luskin, Schwab (back in "the day"), Michael Millken (at his non-profit in L.A. - fundraiser of all things, LOL). And, the rest of the "usual suspects".

And, as with the previous gentleman, many top traders from the various trading floors. Geoff Haynes, John Olagues, probably a few more. My brother has already been mentioned.

(A few more of the "infamous" types, LOL)

Don

#20     Oct 24, 2006