Trading LargeCap/Low Volatility... sustainable? or foolish?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The newb, Nov 20, 2009.

1. The newb

The newb

Good morning,

I am not a trader and I was wondering if someone can give me a "dose of reality" in regards to this concept. The concept is very simple: Trading a 10-20k account, trading only in large cap/low volatility stocks for a daily gain of $200-300. The monthly profit target is 2-3k. Does this sound reasonable/doable, or am I completely missing something?

2. The question you ask is akin to: can one run a business that generates a 10% return on capital per month like clockwork, for an annual return of 215%? With minimum risk and little work?

There's your answer.

3. 1) Make it 20K, not 10K.
    2) It is "doable" as long as you have a really, really, really good method AND you completely avoid big-losses.
    3) It would also help if your method generates trade signals based on specific times-of-the-day and not on random criteria that may not occur each day. :cool:

4. No, but that doesn't stop 100,000s or more of newbies from thinking they are different, and spending many years and a lot of money chasing this...

The brokers, vendors, serious traders and a lot of others make quite a bit of money from your hope...