Trading KOSPI option contract just like a futures contract

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by joesan, Oct 17, 2005.

1. def

def Sponsor

it's actually applies to non-qualified investors. the qualifications are very high (ie. must be a professional with I think 100m in capital) and that's why I used the blanket statement.

#51     Oct 24, 2005
  2. ids

ids

We will start accepting customer registrations for Kospi futures and option on Friday, Nov 4.

#52     Nov 2, 2005
  3. Any ideas about the ping time to South Korea? 700 milliseconds I'm guessing?

#53     Nov 2, 2005
  4. def

def Sponsor

where from. from HK it's about 50ms. they have an excellent infrastructure. however, given the volumes that go through the exchange (10-15 million option contracts per day on average), the exchange itself does get overloaded from time to time and as a result speed may suffer.

#54     Nov 2, 2005
  5. IDS or DEF,

What will the requirements be? Can your average US based retail trader -- me -- push them around on a slow evening? :)

Or are there some hoops for US traders?

#55     Nov 2, 2005
  6. def

def Sponsor

Sorry but they are unavaile to US residents due to CFTC restrictions.

#56     Nov 2, 2005
  7. TGM

TGM

Communist Futures Trading Commission

Are they making a ruling anytime soon? For some reason I thought these were approved already.

#57     Nov 2, 2005
  8. You Americans have no idea just how un-free you are. You economy is full of subsidies and pork barrel spending for business that distorts market economies in the worst way. Such things are not tolerated in Canada, where along with other British parliamentary systems like New Zealand and Australia we enjoy exception levels of freedom with very little poverty.

#58     Nov 2, 2005
  9. joesan

joesan

what do you mean by "customer registrations" ?

#59     Nov 3, 2005
  10. More like monopolists. They just don't want the liquidity drain most likely...

#60     Nov 3, 2005