Trading KOSPI option contract just like a futures contract

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by joesan, Oct 17, 2005.

1. joesan

joesan

attached is the chart of kospi Nov put option strike price 140
    15 minute chart
    last friday the traded volume is 812,900 contracts

#31     Oct 22, 2005
  2. joesan

joesan

Does ET have a limitation on the size of the uploaded file ? Now try again with a jpeg picture compressed down to 50k size

#32     Oct 22, 2005
  3. TGM

TGM

I hear that is the 'big' thing there. To pick a put and a call and trade them like outrights based on direction.

Did you sell these or buy calls?

#33     Oct 22, 2005
  4. joesan

joesan

I am not trading it at the current stage, just looking at this market . According to the exchange,

Options Margins
    Buying options in limit order : Margin = price x multiplier x number of contract
    ¦ multiplier
    (USD options: 10,000, KQ 50 Index Options: 100,000, Options on 3yr KTB Futures: 1,000,000)
    Buying options in market order (based on possible maximum value of bought position of the day): Margin = Underlying option margin per contract x number of contract
    Selling options:
    Margin = (Maximum theoretical price - selling theoretical price) x multiplier x number of contract

#34     Oct 22, 2005
  5. Awash

Awash

Marsupilami,

Yes, I use the EZ futures (demo) platform thru Hyundai Futures....

It's relatively okay and pretty stable. I primarily use it for the charts and just to track the KOSPI market. I haven't been able to use it in its entirety because the platform is Korean.

#35     Oct 22, 2005
  6. Hi Awash,

I think I'm actually using the same software, just through a different broker (Cheil Futures).
    It's for the same reasons (i.e. language) that I haven't explored every feature of the platform yet.
    However, I am waiting for IB to introduce the KOSPI since misunderstandings due to language barriers can be very expensive in this business.

#36     Oct 23, 2005
  7. ozzy

ozzy

Hi Guys.

Can I get the IB option symbol for the KOSPI. Can't find it on the website.

Thanks.

#37     Oct 23, 2005
  8. ozzy

ozzy

Also.

Does anyone have any comments on trading SPI futures (Australian Stock Exchange).

Thanks again.

#38     Oct 23, 2005
  9. ids

ids

The symbol is K200 but I think nobody is capable to use it yet.

#39     Oct 23, 2005
  10. ozzy

ozzy

When is it going to be available? I'm on the west coast, can't wait to trade this thing.

Thanks.

#40     Oct 23, 2005